Chapter 58: Four More Days

Bandit's POV
One week later

The flight leaves in four days. Four more days and that's it. I was exhausted though. The past week we've been out at parties a few nights and the others we were either at Gilman or just hanging out. The earliest I've gone to bed this past week was three in the morning and we force ourselves awake at nine to ten o'clock.

Billie got his car back for the summer so we were back in usual spot. Bunched up in Billie's car heading to the beach. We went to the store earlier and got a ton of junk then went to Gilman to see Operation Ivy.

I was in the back seat leaning on Mike and Billie and Tré were in the front. Billie pulled up to the beach and we all got out. We were having a lot of fun but you could tell we all knew I'd be leaving in a few days.

We got out of the car and made our way to the sand. Tré tossed the twelve pack of beer on the ground and we all sat down. I was in between Mike and Billie and Tré was on the other side of Billie.

Tré was first to crack open a beer. "You guys gonna drink or what?" He pushed the pack towards us. I grabbed one, then Billie, then Mike.

"To getting hammered," Tré held up his drink.

"To not having school," Billie held up his.

"To hating life," I added.

"To you guys," Mike finished. We all tapped the bottles then took the first drink.

"Ugh, you got the cheap shit," I groaned.

"Do I look I like I had the money for fancy shit?" Mike asked.

"No," I laughed, "I'm just being an asshole."

We sat in silence for a few minutes. This is not normal at all! We either have me complaining, Tré being Tré, Billie telling us some crazy story, or Mike making a snarky comment. This is just awkward. "So how's the weather?" I said to get a laugh out of them which I succeeded in.

"You just made it even more awkward," Mike laughed.

"It shouldn't be awkward in the first place!" I retorted.

"She's got a point," Tré added.

"Well we're all exhausted and we're nearing the end here, it's pretty depressing," Billie explained.

"We should just sleep tomorrow," Mike suggested.

"Agreed!" I nodded.

"What do we have planned for the next few days then?" Billie asked.

"Tomorrow is sleep day," I said.

"We got a gig Monday," Mike added.

"I'm having a party Tuesday," Tré said.

"And Wednesday is our last full day," I sighed.

"Wednesday we should go get burritos, go to Gilman, then maybe come here. Just like today," Billie suggested.

"Wednesday night we should go for a drive," I nodded.

"What?" The three looked at me.

"You've never just drove around to drive around?" I asked.

"No," Billie said.

"It's fun, Gerard and I did it all last summer. You blare the radio, open all the windows, everything stupid you could do," I explained.

"Okay," Billie shrugged.

"That sounds fun," Tré said.

"Then boom you guys get to live my life a little," I nodded.