Chapter 56: Stages Of Situations

Billie's POV

I got Bandit to fall asleep after a while. I didn't sleep though. I held on to her freaking out in my head. Of course we had to take in this news while we were stoned so that's just running enough thoughts in my head. I know the alcohol and marijuana passed now because my head is pounding and Bandit is dead asleep.

She cannot live with just her and John. It's bad enough when her mom is around. Not only would John not let her go anywhere or do anything but he'll probably kill her. I don't even know how's she lives through this.

I would have her live with me but I have a prick stepdad as well. Mike is on the verge of being kicked out of his house. And Tré... I don't know maybe we got a chance with that. Tré's parents are pretty laid back, they like Bandit, and they're right next door. But would her mom let her do that? That's the only issue. This summer took a turn for the worst within a couple of hours.

I looked down at her. Her hair in messy braids. She smelled of marijuana and alcohol. Eyeliner smeared on her eyelids. Yet she was still peaceful, for now.

The phone rang downstairs. Bandit lifted her head up. "Ugh," she popped up and ran downstairs. How'd she get up so easily?

I rolled out of bed and felt the lack of sleep and hangover punch me in the face. I stretched my arms and then fixed my hair to the best of my ability. I trudged down the stairs and heard Bandit's voice. "Can you please just tell me what they said mom?" She paused. "Well yeah that was in the note, how long?" She stopped again. "How can they not know?! I know I'm sorry for yelling but I'm pretty upset about this."

I walked into the kitchen and stood next to her. I wrapped my arms around her waist and rested my head on her shoulder. I felt one of her hands over top of mine. She gave me a weak smile then continued, "okay." She paused again then her face turned red. "I'll call him." She pressed the hang up button and dialed another number. She looked like she was going to cry again. "Hey dad." She grasped my hand and squeezed tightly. "I don't know right now I can give you an answer in a few days though." Answer to what? "Love you too, bye."

"What was that?" I asked eagerly.

"Well she has to go into one of those therapy things for who knows how long. She told my dad so I either have to live with John or go all the back to Jersey," she said fast. Her chest heaved up and down and she was staring at the ground.

Holy shit. This can't happen. Not now! "So... so y-you can live with John or with your dad?"

"Yeah," she nodded, her voice cracked.

"When do you have to tell them?" I asked.

"Couple days, I don't know, as soon as possible," she shrugged. She looked up at me crying. "Beej I don't know what to do." She wrapped her arms around me.

"I wish I knew," I kissed the top of her head.

"Billie I can't live with John, I can't be here by myself with him I just can't. But I don't wanna leave you and the boys and Gilman and the stupid shit we do. Ugh I sound like a broken record," she cried into my chest.

I didn't know how to answer. She should live with her dad. She'd be safe there, she'd be happy. She'd have Gerard and his brother. That's what she always talks about. I would miss her with my whole heart but it's where she should be. I bowed my head and closed my eyes and let her cry into my chest.

Can anything go right? She finally gives me a chance then I go on house arrest. Then I finally get out and she either has to leave or get tortured more than she already is. I need a fucking break, give me my friends, girlfriend and music and let us just live on an island and be happy. But no this bullshit has to happen.