Chapter 43: Dinner

Billie's POV
Next Friday

"I hate my life, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it," I mumbled as I laid on my bed. I hate this part of it at least. I'm fading away into a bum right now.

"Get up," my stepdad walked in.

"For what?" I lifted my head.

"I guess you get to see your girlfriend. Her mother invited us for dinner and your mother wants us to go," he sighed.

"Really?!" I sat up.

"Yes, now shut up and get ready," he left my room.

I jumped up and put on jeans. I put on a plaid button up and fixed my hair slightly. I can't do much about it. I slipped on my sneakers and went out into the living room. "Let's go," I said.

"You're excited," my mom said.

"Come on no time to waste," I jumped. My stepdad walked past me rolling his eyes. "My one night of slight freedom, give me break."

They both laughed at me and I followed them out to the car. I got in the back and anticipated getting to her house. We pulled into the driveway and I tried to stay relaxed as we went up to the door. I could just climb up to her window, but not smart right now.

"Hi," John answered the door with a smile. The smile of Satan. "Come on in."

The three of us walked in. My mom and Bandit's mom greeted each other with a hug while John and my stepdad shook hands. "Bandit honey?!" Bandit's mom called up.

"Coming," I heard Bandit. She came down the stairs wearing the same outfit she wore to school. A dark read sweater and ripped jeans. "Hey," she looked at me with bright eyes.

"Hi," I grinned at her and she immediately hugged me once she got down the stairs.

"Dinner should be ready in twenty," Her mother announced.

"Come on, I restrung Blue," Bandit grabbed my hand and pulled me upstairs.

"Thanks," I told her. We went into her room and I picked up Blue hugging it to my chest.

"Adorable," she laughed at me. "And thanks for that beautiful picture!" I looked over and saw she snapped a picture of me. I shook my head and smiled at her.

"Thanks again," I set Blue back on the stand. "Now come here," I turned around grabbing her.

"Ugh I miss you so damn much," she said.

"You could be locked away like me, keep that in mind," I told her.

"I feel so bad," she sighed.

"Only three more months," I said sarcastically.

"I hate your parents more than I hate mine," she laughed.

"I hate your stepdad more than I hate mine," I told her. She smiled at me and I pulled her into a kiss. She draped her arms around my neck and I gripped her waist. I felt her fingers travel up my hair. My hands wandered her sides and back in what felt like a timeless moment.

"Bandit!" I heard Bandit's mom. Then my mom after, "Billie Joe!"

"We're coming!" Bandit pulled away from the kiss. "Twenty minutes later," she looked at me laughing.

"That long?" I laughed following her down the stairs.

"Yeah," she said then we went into the kitchen and grabbed plates. We sat at the table with everyone, our parents were discussing some bull crap that I wasn't paying attention too.