Prologue

♤♤♤

Alexander's  POV

The place is cold but I'm excited to feel the warmth of my wife's side. Exactly what we dreamt for, to end in each other's arm with the seal of marriage completed and fulfill our heart's desire which for me is to be loved by her despite of life's travails. We settled down and built [our own] a family. I bought the glass house beside the lake and of course the lake and the land around it because when we're still engaged I noticed her that she kept looking at this house from afar and even in facebook. And she once said that the house would be a perfect place to grow for a family and when she will often tell me that if she is to experience rebirth with wealth she would tell her parents to live in that house. So I decided to buy the house and she was surprised and she cried deeply because it is her dream house. She even asked how did I know but I answered her with a simple smile.

Currently we lived here for almost 2 years. But having a family, I think is not really for us because of her condition that she can't bear a child or if she will bear a child, the child will still die and even worst she would die too. I can't take that huge pain and loss if that would happens. So I guess fatherhood is not really for me. But beyond those lackings I felt complete as a human. I felt my purpose in this world and that is to love her and to be loved by her

As of now I'm walking towards our house. Our dream house. The sun is reigns the skies but the weather is cold. Flowers blooms perfectly as it was highlighted by the sun's radiance. Grasses sway with current of the wind that dances in the atmosphere. The lake nearby is prefect as the water is cryatal clear and shines when the sunlight hits the water's surface. Pine trees, shurbs, mini rock formation, it is indeed relaxing. I must not doubt myself in buying this house. The ambiance of nature scenerey with the lake beside is indeed a perfect place to love and live with the person you want be with forever.

I walked the 5 stone pathways before I reached the huge black modern wood door. As I touched the cold door knob my heart beats fast for being to much excited to see my wife. Even if I saw her beautiful face this morning, I can't stop the longingness to see her from the hectic work shedules I had. Boring meetings, reading the contracts and papers like lifeless robot but it excites and encourages me to do it faster just see her as soon as I could.

"Babe I'm home!" I shouted as I sign that I'm already home. I'm now walking towards1 the kithcen.

"I bought Krispy Kreme dougnut and I'm sure you'll salivate with this." But the deafening silence answered me back after the echoes I created as I shouted.

"Babe!" This isn't usually happens. She always greets me with her warm hugs and sweet kisses. I guess she went outside but she didn't tell that she'll go out for a while. Well she might went outside to buy groceries.

I put the doughnut on the fridge and lossened up my neck tie. I should just change my suite before she arrive. I took a shower and change into boxers and sando.

I should just wait her while I'm doing some paperworks I brought home from work. I must get that deal with Japanese investor to improve the machineries needed for my construction firm. I must maintain the status of my buisness as one of the succesful company in Asia. After making the email I need and working with some paper. I was shocked when it's already 10 PM. It's late but Stella isn't yet home. She's still missing for almost 5 hours after I arrived home.

Fear consumed me with the thought Stella might be involves into an accident. I hurriedly change my clothes and went outside. I kept shouting her name but the hustling of the wind answered. I went on the other street to ask if by any chance someone saw her but they always shook their head sign as unrecognition.