XVII

Malin had a date with Aimi later today. It had been just over a month after he stopped going to the shore. But for Malin the heart break was still new. It took everything he had to not sneak down to the shore and try to see Amell.

He was able to keep up the illusion that he loved Aimi. Everything in his body continuously told him to find Amell. But his mind knew better. At least he thought so.

Malin headed for Caspian. He liked it there, the change of scenery was beautiful. Malin met Aimi just outside the gates of the palace.

"Hello Princess Aimi. How are you this fine day?" Malin said as he kissed her hand.

"Malin, I though we were past these formalities." Aimi said.

She was right. They had been together almost every day this week. They had spent most of the time making preparations for the wedding. But after it got late just before Malin headed home she would kiss him. No matter how many times she did he would feel nothing. He had no feelings for Aimi.

His mind, as it always did wondered back to the shore. He thought of Amell. Every edge and curve of the man that once held him. Thinking of Amell made Malin feel again.

Tonight he thought, is the night I go back to the shore. If Amell is there or not I'll have a last night of happiness.