Till The End|Prolouge

~4 Years Ago~

~4 Years Ago~

*Loud Crash*

"Mom? Dad?" Kennedy spoke, she was loud and felt this uneasy feeling tickling at the back of her neck.

Her birthday was in a week, she was so excited to turn 16.  She crept downstairs, the sounds of low snarling was coming from her very living room.  Then she heard the screams, from every direction of her neighbour hood.

It was loud, ear piercing as she ran into the living room fear overwhelming her bones.  She found her parents, she looked at their face but their skin had rotten off.

"Mom? Dad?" She whispered, they growled at her as she shook.

Laying in the corner of the room was her dog Alfred, his body dismembered and blood dripped from her parents jaw.  She screamed, that seemed to excite the monsters with purple eyes.  Kennedy knew what these were, she laughed about them with her parents on movie nights as they hugged her away from her nightmares.

"Daddy! This ain't funny!" She screamed, backing away from the creatures coming closer towards her. She felt tears falling down her face as she ran towards her little brothers room, was he still normal or did he become a monster as well.

She slammed his door shut, and looked in his crib.  The loud scream escaped her throat as she saw her little brother dead, his limb cold body sucked of any oxygen as she looked at the note beside his corpse with her mothers hand writing.

Dear Kennedy,

Something is wrong, so dearly wrong. I woke in an fright as I saw your father gasping for air, his body convolsing as he died.   I didn't understand how or why it happened, he growled at me with his purple glowing eyes.  It was like straight from the movies, I managed to keep him locked in the basement as I wrote this.  I couldn't allow your bother to become that monster so I did what any mother would do.

I love you Kennedy, I hope you get away from this madness before it gets me.

Sincerely, your mother.

She felt like somebody had stabbed a knife through her heart, She couldn't believe how things had became. Zombies were meant to be evil creatures, created by makeup artists and good actors yet here I was hiding from the very parents that birthed me because of what they had become.

*Slam, Slam*

She watched as the door started to splinter, fear took over her body.  The screams had started to die out, people were being killed and soon everyone she knew would be the hideous monsters that only belonged in the TV. She clutched the letter in her mothers hand, as her parents bursted through evil ugly and dead as they growled at her.  She tried to fight, she kicked and punched them but their strength was beyond death.

She felt the venom enter her system, it was like a burning sensation exploding through her veins as she squirmed in place.  She felt her vision fade in and out, as she stared at the handed painted ceiling her mother had slaved for hours on just for her baby brother.  Tears poured out her eyes, as she felt her longs burn and empty the last bit of oxygen she could manage to collect as she faded into black.

The last thing she felt as her body gave out was the sharp pain biting into her neck.

~Sometime Later~

She woke to the sun blaring into her eyes, it was like somebody had put everything way to close and she couldn't focus. 

It was silent, so silent you could hear a pin drop.  She was alive, but she couldn't feel her heart beating in her chest and her lungs didn't need the oxygen in her lungs.  She sat up, way too fast and her body twitched uncomfortable as she slammed into a wall.   She tried walking, but everything was out of focus.  There wasn't a single snarling zombie anywhere in sight but she was aware that what she experienced wasn't a nightmare she could escape from.

Managing to stable herself enough to walk to the bathroom, she looked in the mirror and she screamed.  It wasn't what she saw when her parents were snarling at her, no she had the bright purple eyes that were engraved into her soul from her undead parents.  Yet her skin was perfect, free from the acne she battled with every day. 

She wasn't the brown haired, blue eyes girl she grew to accept.  No she was a pale, way too pale girl with pink hair and sharp teeth that curved slightly over her lip.   That's when she noticed the marks on the mirror, written in bold beside her was something simple that set her whole future in motion.

"I saved you petty human, you're a vampire."

That night she buried her brothers body so deep into the ground that no Zombies could ever harm his body. Then she left, she left to find a world worth fighting for.  She continued to grow, even if her body was dead it developed until she was 18.

Her anger grew, her rage boiled inside her tight cold skin. She would make the world bow to her, and if they didn't she would burn them all.

You excited for the story? Vote & Comment your thoughts, I would love any feedback you have for me