Chapter eleven/ the kiss of love

You're all my heart ever talks about." — Unknown

You are all my heart
Ever talks about
You are all my heart
Ever needs
Standing in your arms
I feel so complete
You are my refuge
My whole world
With your smile
My life begins
With your tear
drop it stops
You are what my heart wants
My love my destiny

A few days later.

"She has not come as yet." Ballu stated smugly.
Rudra gave him an irritated look. Of course he had noticed that she had not come as yet. He always knew when she was there, near him.
"I know the last few days you have been very distracted, Rudra. Love does that to you." Completely ignoring the dirty killing look that Rudra was giving him, he went on. "All the boys have noticed too, you know. They will come to know if you are not careful.  And your growling isn't helping matters, I hope you know that....and it will not deter the determined lady making her way towards you." Ballu was beaming ecstatically.

The tone in his friends voice, made Rudra turn to look at him, then look in the direction he was looking at. Sambhava!! Oh no!! A look of obvious horror on his face, he desperately looked around trying to find a way to escape.

"No time, she is already too close."

"Why didn't you warn me earlier....You...you try to gain her attention.. I will slip away." Rudra looked at Ballu desperately.

"Ah..huh, not happening, she's your problem my friend, not that I am not ecstatic about it. But my trying is of no use, I am not important enough. She won't even acknowledge me." Ballu was looking too happy....

Rudra gave him a miserable look.... "you bastard!! You let her come near me, I will kill you for this."

"Ruuudddrrraaa!" A sachcherine dripping voice at that moment, made him look at the stunningly beautiful woman coming and standing  next to him.

"Sambhava..." a resigned look on his face, he was at a loss for words...he did not know what to say.

"I have been looking all over for you...I know you must be busy preparing for the festivities tonight. I am so excited....everyone has been asking me if I will be dancing tonight..... but I told them wait and watch....."

Walking up to him, she caught hold of his arm and tightly held on to him. Her voluptuous chest, pressed against his bulging arms. Her face turned up to face his. The perfect picture. True to Ballu's words she did not even acknowledge him...it was as though he was simply not there..

God save me! He knew she could go on and on about her favourite topic of conversation, herself. She had this annoying habit of clinging on to him, as though they were already married. And her loud hints were more than obvious about her intentions of him. And definitely had no interest in her. He could barely tolerate her for more than a few minutes at a  time. And with his mother constantly pushing to get married to Sambhava.......ahhaaa...he did not need this in life. He needed to come up with an excuse to remove her from his side.

"Rudraaaaa!!" Another voice called out his name just then. He seemed too much in demand today. With a resigned look he turned to see who had called out to him. The bubbly face just a few feet away, suddenly gave him hope. With a relieved smile he watched the tiny figure of Sangini tugging Gaura behind her, making her way to him.

God seemed to have finally heard his prayers. He looked up, in gratitude thanking the lord Shiva. Sangini was looking excited whereas Gaura had a stone like face. Something was up. She was upset about something. He could feel it.

"Sangini!!" He called out happily. She left Gaura's hand and ran the rest of the way to him.

"We have come to help." Playfully she held his hand possessively and jerked the arm that Sambhava had been tightly holding on to. Turning Rudra in her direction. She was not going to share her Rudra with some paste faced snooty nobody. Gaura walked up to them, just then. He tried to meet her eyes, but she seemed distracted. He followed the direction she was looking in. Ahhaaaa...she was looking at Sambhava! And her look..was she jealous. He suddenly did not mind having Sambhava around. He liked the effect she had on Gaura.