Twenty five

Paas aaye ho to ab na door jaana humse
Is Dil ki galiyon mein yunhi hi reh jaana abse
Ankhon ka tassavur ho tum aye meri mahjabeen
khwabeeda mashiyyat jo milli mujhe rab se
Aye jaan e adaa mahru si in ankhon mein chamakti ho
falak se zameen pe Aftab ka noor si uteri ho shayad mere liye
Paas aaye ho toh ab ne door jaana humse
Is dil ki gehrayiron mein sadaa ke liye reh jaana abse ......

Don't go, now that you have come to me.     
Stay forever deep in my heart
My love you are my every imagination come true
You are my every dream every wish that god has given
Soul of charm you shine so beautifully in my eyes
You are like sun rays come to earth for me
Don't go now that you have become mine
Stay forever in the depths of my heart.......

Two days later
Abhaneri...
At the palace...
"Who did this?" Bhagwant couldn't believe his eye, Banwari his strongest warrior his best general lay dead on the floor.
"Hukum! Th..the..They fought...we tried...bu..but...they refused t..t..to give up....I ...he.. they f.f.fought like they were possessed." Madhav Chaudhary was a captain under Banwari Singh. He was covered in bandages, his right hand hanging from a sling. His face swollen from cuts, and bruises. His left eye swollen and shut, he was leaning heavily on to a crutch.
Bhagwant's eyes were bursting with anger, his face red as the veins were popping out, his palms were fisted as he controlled his anger. He looked at his men standing there before him, a band of useless idiots.
"Who did this?" He asked again his voice loud now.
Madhav was so terrified that he was unable to utter a single word.
"I will not ask again, WHO DID THIS?" He was livid now. He wanted answers.
Grown up men, trained ruthless soldiers they were shivering in their shoes.
"Hukum! If I may?" A voice interrupted him. But Bhagwant Singh just kept standing there. Ratan Singh, his chief minister was standing with a calm expression on his face. He knew he needed to calm his lord before his anger got out of hand.
"Madhav! Start from the beginning, my lord wants to know exactly all that happened."
Madhav looked at Ratan Singh, not much better, for both the men he faced were equally cruel, but he seemed the lesser of the two evil. Facing him he blurted out all..
"We were searching for the princess as commanded by he k.king, and we had a lead that the princess had been trying to go to Paliyana and since we expected her to pass through there, we had positioned ourself all around the city. Three nights ago, the night after the princess and the royal family had made their escape, a man came to the camp, the same man who had handed over the princess to us outside Paliyana. He told us he knew where the princess would be passing through. He offered to take us to the spot. We agreed and General Banwari thought that it would be better not to take a chance and so we took almost all the h7ndred soldiers we had leaving about twenty stationed in Paliyana. We left that night itself, and travelled through dense forest. The forest was so dense that on the way we lost quiet a few men, but the next evening we reached a meadow and he showed us a place to hide, from where we could ambush the princess's party. We made sure we searched the area the next morning to see in case we were being set up, but all seemed fine
That afternoon the princess arrived with about thirty men. The odds were good, we knew we would win and bring the princess back to my lord."
He stopped for a moment, till now he had been looking down and speaking, but he looked up at his lord now and seeing his piercing eye drilling into him, he again looked down and continued before he totally lost his nerves.
"My lord! We fought and the battle was turning in our favour, but that treacherous man, who had led us to the meadow, came out from nowhere with more men and our men lost nerve and some ran away. We foug....we d...we fought but we lost."
"The princess, where is she" Ratan asked.
"Hukum! She fought with them against us, we couldn't get to her." He said miserably.
"Why didn't you gather more men and go back."
"Hukum, we..we w..would have, but we didn't know w..where we entered through." he paused and looked at Bhagwant Singh, seeing him flare up he took a step back, Bhagwant lost control. He caught Madhav by the neck choking him...
"You did not know, you.you... I am surrounded by idiots, useless idiots." He raged choking him harder.
"My lord! My lord! Please." Ratan Singh's voice tried he reason his twisted mind. "We need him, he is loyal to us." Bhagwant Singh grudgingly loosened his grip. Madhav fell to the floor gasping for breath. His hand shivering as it held on to his choking throat. The other men had moved back further shivering with fear, none wanted to come to Bhagwant Singh's attention.
"Can you find the road to the meadow?"
"There is no road, Hukum." He looked desperately at Ratan Singh, breathing deeply. Seeing his questioning look he continued. "Hu.h..Hukum..m, the..there is no road, the forest is extremely dense.  We..we came out because they sent us out. The forest is impossible to pass until and unless there is someone guiding it is impossible to cross. And no one around Paliyana knows anything about the forest, they are scared to go in. It is heavily infested with wild life."
"Who are these people that are with the princess?" Ratan Singh
"No one knows my lord!"......
"Damn her! Damn! Damn! Damn! I want her... I want her now...." Bhagwant Singh raged, he could see her slipping through his fingers.
"We will get her my lord. She will be your to do with as you wish, but...." Ratan Singh paused.. "right now we need to  firm our grip over Abhaneri. Our hold is still weak.." he looked at Bhagwant Singh. Yes! he was getting through finally. "My lord! There are too many revolts happening still we need to squash them at the root level we need to concentrate on Abhaneri at the moment."