Chapter thirteen/ love admitted

"I knew you and I never wanted to know anyone else." - Leo.

A day later.....
She looked at Agni with satisfaction. He would recover. It had been touch and go for a while till last night but by morning the fever had subsided and now he was even sitting and eating a bit of khichadi, a porridge of lentil and rice. His smile, it was so similar to Rudra's. Ahhh! Rudra! She knew not what to do about Rudra or her feelings for him. They just seem to combust whenever they were together. She was finding it more and more difficult to control herself around him. And he was not helping matter either. He did not let one moment pass without touching her. Both his hands and his eyes had the same language. It was as though he was staking claim to her.
"Gaura! My angel," Agni called out, bringing her out of her reverie. She smiled as she walked over to him. He was a natural flirt, she thought smilingly.
"How are you feeling now, Agni?" She sat down next to him and gently picked up his wrist. Holding it by the thumb and index finger she felt the pulse.
"With you around, so much better. You brighten the whole room with your mere presence." He smiled widely, his eyes twinkling devilishly.
"I bet you say that to all the girls you meet." She said trying to hide her smile.
"Yes! But with you I mean it." He spoke now seriously now. "You are indeed a sight for sore eyes. And your mere presence is enough to brighten anyone's mood. Your voice......"
"Enough! I think I like you better when you were lying down with your eyes closed."
"I was unable to speak, but the feelings were the same." He spoke in a flirty manner..
"You are really different from Rudra. Rudra barely speaks and you don't stop speaking." She laughed, he was such fun to be around.
"Yes!! And there is no denying that I am better than him. Heeee....." he suddenly stopped, turning away looking sheepishly, as a child would after being caught in a naughty act.
She looked up to see Rudra, standing there with his arms folded, a growl on his grim face.
"Ahhh...! I see that your brother has come, maybe he can give you company while I see to the other patients." So saying she gracefully got up and walked over to the door at the back of the room. Both the men were looking at her, unknown to her, both their eyes lit with admiration, for the sensual beauty walking away from them. She was indeed a sight to see. How did she remain so graceful and elegant in any circumstances. Agni wished his brother had not come, at least not now. He wished he was the only patient here, then she wouldn't have to waste her time on the others. There were just a few patients left now, but still.... he wished he could be alone with just her around. Then he could pretend that he... that they..... that she was here only for him.....that she was his alone. His.... his love... his woman, he knew he was in love, with her. He still remembered the first time she had got off the cart, the evening she had arrived here in Pinakipura. Her dupatta flying in the air, the clothes melding to her body, her hair flying all around her. He had just stood there as though arrested in time. Just when he had thought of going up to her, he had seen Rudra step in front of her. Rudra was just two years older to him, but he was the protective and commanding elder brother. His elder brother had certain rules about women, and he did not like men openly flirting with women, hesitant of what his brother would think of him approaching a complete stranger, he had patiently stood there, just gazing at her beautiful face from far. He knew he would get his turn, as he knew that she was the one for him, and he would make her his.
This sickness seemed to have come as a God send because it had gotten him more closer to her. He had tried everything but she always seemed surrounded by people, or then she was with her father or Kaka....Oh! Kaka terrified him. He was Rudra's teacher and guide. Rudra respected him greatly. He could hardly go up to Kaka and request an introduction. He had almost given up on getting her alone. But then he had collapsed as he had been helping the villagers. The whole village badly in the grip of the plague. One moment he had been helping an elderly woman to the stretcher and the next he had collapsed, and when he had come to his senses, he had been feeling like crap, his eyes refusing to open, his mouth seemed filled with sawdust, slowly opened his eyes, he had suddenly felt in heaven. She was sitting there next to him with a beautiful smile on her face. He started feeling better, so much better. Her voice, when she spoke had sounded like music to his starving ears. Maybe he should ask Mai, his mother to.... may be she could talk to father, who could talk to Gaura's father, but Mai, won't support him, not when Rudra was still unmarried. Oh! Maybe if he were to convince Gaura of his love for her, she would agree to be his, and wait till Rudra got married. Oh!! His brother needed to get married and fast.