Chapter eighteen/ On the way

Hello! Readers!
This novel has for sure take longer to be written than my earlier novel, but I wanted to give my best with no compromise. I want to do justice to all the scenes that I write. In that I may have taken more time then required but please bare up with me. And please please let me know how you feel about my work. It helps me to write better. 😍

Because of you, I
                         Laugh a little harder
Cry a little less
                         And smile a lot more.
                                                          :Anonymous.

"I think someone is following us."
Surya spoke quietly.
"There is a turn just up ahead. The road there on is very lopsided. One of us can turn back to scout. Who ever it is will not realise that we four are not together." They all looked at each other. Gaura nodded, she did not know this route well, but she too had been feeling for sometime now as though soneone was watching her. This feeling of being being followed. Someone was there on the same path as them for sure, and had been for some time now, that was for sure. Whoever they were, they were very good. The followers had not given any clue of their presence. Had it not been their own precaution and the situation they were in, being so conscious of the danger surrounding them they were over precautious and it was for this reason that they even saw that flash of light. If not for that glimmer that they had caught a while back, when they were descending a hill. They would have never known.
"Parth! Why don't you and Chandrika go, instead of one going two would be safer. Surya can stay with me. We will make enough noise that they will not try to come and check on us." They all nodded in agreement.
A short while later, some distance further down the road, as Gaura and Surya sat under the shade of a tree. A feeling of dread was whirling in Gaura. She knew not why. She kept getting a whirling feeling in the pit of her stomach. It was weird, because something kept telling inside her that she was missing something. Rudra ! Was it because she had left him without saying good bye. No!! Just his name was enough to twist her stomach into knots, but this time it was not that, she felt as though she was missing something....ughhhh.....she couldn't tell what but there was something off.
"We need to turn back. I keep getting this feeling as though we should go and check Parth and Chandrika."
Surya nodded. The two should have come back by now. He too was getting worried.

Sometime later...as they came close to the curve where they had separated from their friends, they looked at each other.
Gaura raised her eyebrows in question. Surya shrugged.
"I think let's go ahead and see."
Gaura nodded. She clicked softly as urged her horse to move. She had barely taken three steps ahead when she heard a aloud laughing sound. She looked at Surya in surprise, the voice was very familiar.
And sure enough, a few minutes later.....
"Hahahaha... I did not know Gaura had such a funny side to her."
"Oh! Believe me she .....oh! Gaura, there she is." Yelled out Parth. "Look who we found?" He was loud enough for the world to hear him.
She looked with utter disbelief at the man riding right next to Parth. He sat with such ease and comfort as though it was the most natural thing to do. How the hell had he...what the devil was he doing talking with Parth as though they were age old friends.
She waited for them to come more closer. Ah!! Ballu was following close behind with Chandrika riding next to him.
"Who the hell are they?" Surya looked perplexed, it would be comical if she wasn't so irritated.
"Hey! There. Kaushiki! Surya! look whom we found." He looked too glad of himself.
She too wanted to know what Rudra had told them.
"Yes! I would like to know whom you have found!" Sarcasm dripping all over her word.
"Kaushiki! I told you I would find you." Rudra's voice over jovial.
Kaushiki! Kaushiki! Ughhh..Now he was calling her by her given name? Inside she was fuming but onwards she showed not a flicker of emotion.
"Rudra, what are you doing here."
"Keeping guard." He said promptly.
"I told you not to come. You should be in Kundalgad, with Sambhava. She will not like you leaving like this."
"I hardly care what she thinks."
"You should, your father has chosen her for you."
And I have chosen you."
"I keep telling you that we cannot be together. You must return back."
"And I told you I am not leaving you, come what may."
She gave up. Knowing the argument was not getting anywhere. And they needed to get to Abhaneri. Although she was dying to know how he had found her, but she would die before asking him. And her friends were looking at them with too much interest. Loving the unusual way she was behaving. They were enjoying this too much.
"We need to make pace, we have already lost a lot a lot of time because of all this drama." So saying she nudged her horse into a gallop. Was she relieved that Rudra was there with here, or scared that he was putting himself into danger.......