Burning the Bridge down

As a year passed we no longer spoke to each other properly. We barely saw each other everyday. We were almost complete strangers.  I got use to eating my meal alone well I ate outside mostly and sleeping in the couch and using bathroom of guest room. I tried my best avoiding the yelling and screaming by avoiding Jerry. Jerry locked herself in her room during the weekends and she spend her summers with her best friend Katy and Christmas with her mom back in our place. I couldn't go anywhere due to my work and she went without me which she'd never do if she was the old Jerry I use to know now she's just Jenny to me. People started noticing the distance between us and some of them including my mom showed concern . I didn't want to talk about it because what could  I possibly do anyway?

I was using my laptop when Jenny returned from shopping. We didn't speak as usual she went to kitchen and started placing the stuffs after that while she was climbing upstairs I spoke
"Jenny. We need to talk."
She looked at me and it felt like I was looking at her after a long time and I could just go and hug her and kiss her and call her mine but then as she walked towards me I came to my senses again.
She sat near me with question on her face.
"I have been thinking about this for a while now and I believe you know it too that the distance that has been created between us. We are complete strangers even though we live under one roof. We do things not as a couple but like strangers . I don't know it just..."
"Thomas, make yourself clear. Just tell me what you really want to tell me."Jenny cut me off.
"Very well then, my friends advice me this and I too think its best for us if we part our ways. What's the use of being together if we are really not together anyway? I believe even you want this , since you don't even want to talk to me , our relationship is not only affecting us but people who knows us people we love I think its best for all of us if we go on our own way. I think we should get divorce." I completed my sentence sounding as stable as possible.
She looked down on the floor for awhile and there was complete silence.
"I'll talk to a lawyer tomorrow" she completed her sentence and got up made her way upstairs again.
I sat there watching her leave well my bad I expected a little different reaction from her but I think I was right. She wants to get rid of me that's what she wants. I think she wanted divorce from the beginning of the chaos I should've understood. I guess she's finally happy. Good for her. Well as I said I don't know her anyway she isn't my Jerry. You wanna go tomorrow to your lawyer ?? You already arranged a lawyer for this day? Bullshit. Okay let's go . let's just get over it.
I can't help but talk to myself.