Hold On

Today is the day we'll go to the court to file our divorce I'm waiting for Jenny inside the car as I see her locking the door and making her way towards me.
She got inside the car and I started driving in silence.
It was almost half an hour and nobody had spoken any word.
Finally we were in front of the court and the lawyer was waiting for us. Jenny got out and before leaving she looked at me and said "Thanks for the ride."

After finalising our divorce and fixing the date to meet again we were inside our car.
"I had some shoppings to do if you don't mind dropping me near target." Jerry said with a weak smile.
I nodded.
It was already afternoon we drove as we reached. I asked "Do you mind if I join you?"
She looked at me for few seconds not saying anything.
"Its okay if I cannot."I tried to break the silence.
"Umm..you can tag along,if you have something to buy" She said.
After we went inside target she bought few groceries and I stood there not knowing what to buy well I looked around and when Jenny was done in hurry I ended up buying pair of gloves.
It was already twilight and due to winter it was becoming dark. When we stepped out of target the snowfall was going on. It was cloudy and dark with snowfall. Jenny walked outside and then I saw a small smile on her face I remembered how she loved playing with snow when she was a kid and I remembered throwing snowball at her she looked beautiful to me. Something happened to Jenny again as if she remembered something and ran towards our car motioning me to come along.I ran behind her and got inside the car she got inside the car too giggling "guess I'm not young anymore the cold got me..can you put on the Ac To.."she looked at me then she stopped it felt like for a moment I got my jerry back.she turned away. And started blowing her breath in her hand and rubbing her hands together.
"I guess you need this Jerry." I said and gave her the gloves I had bought.
She took it with silence and wore it and I thought as I started driving. Was that it? Was that how we were suppose to end? I could have never imagined living without her in my life and now I was going to live without her for forever? No. I could still make this work we didn't have to end this way. I know things got pretty complicated but we have went through ups and downs before but we always made it out alright. Why not now..no! I'm not letting this end this way. I know Jerry and I are meant for better. I won't let situation get us.

the snowfall became harder the wind blew stronger Jerry started shivering and I struggled to drive through the dark. She looked at me but couldn't speak anything. I wanted to say her its alright we'll be back home safe but the words didn't escape my mouth.

*after 5 mins*
I knew I was losing it..I saw her struggling to keep her eyes open and the blood that mixed with the snow I saw the smoke rising and slowly I couldn't hold it for long. Darkness covered everywhere.....

I heard the sound of an ambulance even though I couldn't see I knew that my body was being lifted and I was being taken somewhere..