Callous Love

6 months later.

"Seriously, what's up with you Jerry?" I screamed back at her.
"Should it even matter to you what I do or what I want.?" She yelled at me.
"Just tell me what happened ?" I said exasperated.
She motioned her head in a way of disagreement as she walked inside the bedroom and slammed the door.
"Oh so that's it?? Come on, man?? What do you want? I'm  done!! " I screamed as I made my way to the door and walked outside slamming the door behind me.
I drove inside my car not knowing where I was going. I rolled my car window down and looked outside it was dark. No stars could be seen and silence filled the atmosphere.
I stopped the car. It was around 11 at night and I was in middle of a road where nothing could be seen. I closed my eyes for a while. I was tired. I was tired of trying I was tired of everything. Screaming and shouting had become something that didn't surprise me anymore. Since the day our baby died Jerry has changed. She isn't someone I use to know. Nothing works out between us. I try to fix something something else breaks. Its like we have build our own separate world.
Together yet apart. The distance between us is growing and the bridge has fallen. Waking up in middle of the night and she lies too far to keep her in my arms,looking at each other not recognizing each other anymore to see a stranger in her to not know what she seeks for. It kills me everyday. I have forgotten how it feels to hold her or kiss her or to tell her she's beautiful all I know now is that I don't know anything about us anymore. I don't know where we stand. 
My phone rang and I woke up from my thoughts finding myself inside my car and I was hoping it would be Jerry but it was Megan my colleague. I answered the call.
*Hi Thomas. I'm sorry that I called now. Are you busy?*

*No. Its fine. What happened?*

*you sound sad?*

*No. I'm okay.*

*well actually I came here to attend the party of one of my friend and it seems there ain't any taxi and its little scary at this time to ask for a lift, and I remembered your home is few blocks away from here so if its okay can you please pick me up?*

*yeah. I'm on my way. Text me the address.*

*thank you so much Thomas.*

I got the text and started driving towards the address.
After awhile I finally made it there and saw Megan standing alone and when she saw my car she beckoned at me then I drove towards her.
She opened the front door and sat near me. She was drunk as I could smell the alcohol and she smiled thankfully at me.
"Thank you so much, I'm so sorry for bothering you but you know I didn't know who else to trust to." She said.
"Its okay. I'm glad I could help or else lately I'm of no help."I gave my little fake laugh.
"Oh no! Shut up. You are great help to everyone. Your wife must be the luckiest woman to have you. You have no idea how much I like..ahem I mean we like you."she was about to pass out as she was quite drunk.
"Oh well, anyway where is your home?"I questioned.
"My home..umm..I ..my head is aching. Can I borrow one of your room tonight I'm sure your wife won't mind I can't go home like this I don't feel good..." With those word she passed out.
I tried to put her head properly and started driving slowly. I don't know what else to do I can't leave her alone and well Jerry wouldn't mind she treats me like a stranger anyway.
I finally made it I drove the car to the parking lot. And I tried to wake Megan up. She barely opened her eyes therefore I had to go and open the door and pull her out thankfully she was out still not on her feet I was dragging her by putting one of my arm around her waist and her one arm around my neck. We were standing outside the door and I didn't want to ring the bell for I didn't want to disturb jerry.
I used my spare key to open the door and went inside dragging Megan along in the dark. Megan opened her eyes "where am I ?" She questioned "don't worry,you're with me." I answered as we reached in front of the guest room. "Thomas .."she whispered and looked at my eyes she tried to be straight and trip I held her and she came closer to my face "Thomas.."she whispered our face were inches away from each other I looked at her green eyes and then I realized that her lips met mine.she kissed me with desperation. "Oh Thomas.."she whispered.
"Tom?" The light went on and Jerry stood in front us. I pulled back and Megan stood there. "Jerry...its not what you.." She cut me off.
"Thomas,I'm going to sleep.good night."
She left with that word.
"I think I should leave. I'm so sorry Thomas. I ..I don't what ...I'm so sorry."Megan was speaking but I didn't know I couldn't process what just happened. Megan walked outside and I  told her to stop and called a cab for her and and after the cab arrived she went and I stood there outside around  2am with the silence that was so loud.