The True Power of the Tribe

In the vault, Cinder looked at the motionless Vernal.

Cinder: Vernal was a decoy the whole time. (turning her attention back to Raven and the weakened Y/N) The last Spring Maiden must’ve trusted you a great deal before she died. I bet that was a mistake…

Y/N: No....the mistake was giving someone as selfish and bloodthirsty as you a power you never even came close to deserving.

Raven growled and shot her sword out of her hilt, and the two Maidens began their battle against each other. They struck at each other with a flurry of vicious sword strikes. The two eventually clashed, the strike breaking Cinder’s weapon and the shrapnel hurting her Grimm arm. She held her arm in pain.

Raven: Aura can’t protect your arm, it’s Grimm.

Cinder pulled the shrapnel out of her arm and faced Raven again.

Raven: You turned yourself into a monster just for power.

Y/N: Power you never deserved, you FREAK!!! Taking innocent lives, you're sick and twisted

Cinder: (conjuring another weapon while glaring) Look who's talking…

The two proceeded forward to clash again. During their bout, Raven quickly switched between the various colored blades in her hilt to counter Cinder’s various weapons that she conjures. As their battle intensified, Cinder conjured a giant flaming sword while Raven used her Maiden powers to create a massive ice sword. Their clash created a massive shockwave that shakes the cavern, with the combatants above ground also feeling the tremors, and sending Y/N off the edge of the platform where he barely managed to grab the railing. Raven watched her nephew fall off the edge.

Raven: Y/N NO!!!

Due to their battle, the giant stalactites hanging from above started to drop. Both Maidens jumped back to dodge out of the way. As Raven prepared for her next strike, Cinder’s Grimm arm elongated through the dust and grabbed Raven’s neck. Y/N saw this happen.

Y/N: RAVEN!!!

As the Grimm arm slowly drains her powers, Raven noticed something and smirks. She sent out a frost-like attack from her palm and froze Cinder’s feet in place as more boulders from the cave in crashed down on her. Raven, now free from her grip, did a massive leap into the air and landed on top of one of the falling stalactites. She looked down and noticed Cinder survived the cave in, using her fire powers to fly up to her. The two fought their way around the falling stalactites. Eventually the stalactites landed back on the ground, and both Maidens were on their knees, panting in exhaustion while their Auras shimmer as they are about to break.

Raven: (standing back up) Had enough yet?

Cinder: Shut up!

Raven: If you were stronger or more clever, then maybe… you’d remember to watch your back!

Cinder glared at her, wondering what the Spring Maiden is talking about, but then gasped as she looked behind her. She noticed the dying Vernal aiming one of her weapons at her and fire, as well as the weakened Y/N fire at her from where he was holding onto the railing. Cinder blocked the attacks, but Raven quickly dashed up behind her and landed a devastating lightning attack on her face, shattering her mask and revealing the heavily scarred left side. The sheer force of the attack sends Cinder over the edge of the vault’s walkway and above the abyss. She stared back up at Raven, who used her powers to freeze the Fall Maiden into an ice statue. Cinder’s frozen body falls down into the dark depths of the abyss, fading from view. Raven looked down as she watches her enemy continue plunging, before deactivating her Maiden powers and sighing. She ran to Y/N and grabbed his arm just before he lost his grip, pulling him up. The two of them looked at Vernal, who had succumbed to her injuries.

Raven: (solemnly) Thank you, Vernal.

Y/N: Such a brave and noble sacrifice. This will be remembered (He lowered his head in sadness)

Raven sadly looked over to the now-deceased Vernal, whose eyes remained open on her lifeless body. Raven walked over to Vernal's corpse and gently closed her eyes. Y/N removed his helmet and gently kissed Vernal’s forehead before following his aunt. Raven then proceeded to the Relic chamber’s doorway. She activated her Maiden powers again and began the process to unlock the chamber. Eventually, the door opened up, and on the other side, a massive desert was shown with a path leading to the Relic of Knowledge, which rested on a stone pedestal.

Y/N: (Looking around the chamber) Wow. It's incredible.

Just as she was about to enter the chamber, Raven heard the sound of Ember Celica and turned around to glare at her daughter landing behind her. Yang did a three point landing pose and stood back up to face her mother and her younger brother.