Chapter 2

Levi-

    I can smell the scent as soon as it hits territory. I'm getting notified of three teens on territory. Two boys and a girl. I'm assuming the intoxicating smell is from one of them. It smells sweet and like cinnamon. It's odd. Petra is right in front of me. I should only be able to smell her scent of chocolate. But hers is erased by this scent. Who could it be?

"Levi-"

She cuts off and waves a hand in my face.

"Hey Babe. You there?"

"Hey, can you smell that?"

She cocks her head to the side, her light orange hair swaying to the side.

"What smell?"

    I look at her confused. Usually I'd find her movements beautiful and attractive. But now. I can't focus. I rub my eyes.

"Sorry. I must be tired. Can't think straight."

She lets out a little sigh.

"You should go to bed early. I could lay in bed with you until you fall asleep?"

I shake my head.

"No. I'll be fine. You can go."

She nods smiling.

"Also, tell Connie to escort each of our guests to a room. Make sure they get clean clothes and food."

"Will do."

She bends down and gives me a quick kiss before heading out the door to get Connie. I sigh and get up to head to bed.

Eren-

    Me and my friends are talking to Hanji about what happend when I feel a quick little prick in my chest. I gasp and grab my chest earning a weird glance from Hanji and a worried "are you okay" from my friends. I nod.

"I just... Felt this little painful prick in my chest."

I let go of my shirt and breathe slowly.

"Does it still hurt?"

Hanji questions. I shake my head. She looks at me sideways.

"Have you found your mate?"

"No. Why?"

"Well, based off some research I did, that little prick means something romantic happened to your mate. You can only feel it when your near each other."

I stare shocked.

"You mean to tell me that my mate is close by and being romantic with someone!?!?"

"I mean, depending on how big or long the pain lasts is how long the romantic thing happened. Yours would result from something like a kiss."

"Does this mean that my mates nearby?"

She nods.

"Probably as far as the next territory. Depending on how strong the bond of course."

Just then the door flies open to reveal a bald kid about our age.

"Connie here to escort you to your new rooms. You can take showers and get changed. Then I'll direct you to the kitchen so you can eat. My mate Sasha makes really good food."

Armin smiles at him.

"Sounds good."

We wave by to Hanji and she winks at me as I close the door.

"Good luck."

    Once I'm in my room I immediately take a shower. I need warm water. When I'm done I grab a pair of fresh clothes that are lying on my new bed. A green shirt and blue jeans. Nice and clean. I make my way out of the room and down the hall. I smell the mint again. I decide to follow it. What harm could it do? Maybe it'd lead me to the kitchen. Just as I'm about to take a right Connie rushes up to me.

"Good! I found you! Let me take you to the kitchen!"

He grabs my arm and hauls me to the left. I decide to not bring up the mint smell and to be dragged by him instead. We reach a large archway and I'm halted to a stop. Armin and Mikasa are sitting at a table with bowls of soup in front of them. Armin waves me over and I sit across from them. A girl with a brown ponytail twirls over to me.

"Your food! Also."

She leans down and whispers in my ear.

"If you don't eat it that's fine to. Give it to me. Nothing will ever be wasted."

He stands up and smiles.

"Welcome!"

With that she dashes back into the kitchen. I turn to my friends.

"What?"

Mikasa shrugs and Armin smiles.

"Who knows. The soups pretty good though. Try it."

I nod and lean down over the brown liquid.

"You sure?"

"Positive."

"Okay..."

    I lift my spoon and take a sip. It's not bad! It tastes like carrots and chicken. A pretty good flavor for the look. Soon my bowl is empty.

"Wow. Amazing."

Armin nods as Connie walks up to us.

"Feel free to go back to your rooms to sleep whenever. There's a living type space out and to the left. You'll be able to tell when you've found it."

"Thanks."

I say as I get up to go to my room. Might as well sleep.

"Night Eren."

I look down at my friends.

"Night guys. See you tomorrow."

    I walk out of the dining hall and head in the direction I was pulled. I find my room and close the door softly before flopping onto the bed.

"So soft."

I whisper out loud. Within seconds my eyes close and I'm drifting off to sleep.