6- Jump

The two were silent as they just sat in the room. Mainly they had nothing to do, which would mean it would be a long life. Mostly, Kevin was thinking about what had happened a few days ago. He went in for the kiss and got rejected. Hard. 

     The last six months were hard, and surely it took a lot of courage for Kevin to step up. He had wanted to do it for a while now. Yet, he was rejected. He just thought that the feelings were definitely was mutual. 

     Though the feeling was mutual, he was starting to understand a little bit why she did it. Kevin was elaborating on the fact that Annabelle is a hunter, and probably has a lot of bad things in her life that have happened. Which is mostly why she won't let anyone in. She did have her family die in front of her. She watched Bobby die. She had watched Sam, Dean, and even Cas die in front of her. 

     She's been to hell at sixteen years old, and came back almost immediately. Thanks to Cas. She had been hunting monsters since she was fourteen and couldn't really stop. No hunters ever get to leave the life, that's just the rules. 

     Annabelle, however, was barely focused on anything. She was only concentrated on what Crowley had said in her dream. Or nightmare? She couldn't decide. She hadn't dared to tell Kevin, and she was still in the same spot she had been for the past day or so. Kevin walked in, sitting on the bench next to Annabelle. She glanced at him, then back down at the table. 

     "You can talk to me, you know that right?" Kevin said. Annabelle looked over him, then nodded. 

     "I know," she stated quietly. She looked at the table again, then sighed. "It's just that," she paused, wondering if she even believed Crowley. Kevin laced his fingers through hers, making Annabelle look over. He gave her a reassuring smile, and she nodded. "When Crowley put my soul back, he might have done something to it." 

     "Like what?" Kevin asked confused. Annabelle shrugged, thinking back to the dream/nightmare. 

     "He got into my head and told me he left part of himself in there, but wouldn't he have gotten us by now if that was true?" Annabelle asked looking over at Kevin. He nodded, then Annabelle sighed again. "I need to take a walk." She stood, walking around the table, then paused. She turned, grabbing Kevin's arm and pulling him up. "And you're coming." 

     "Great," he sighed making Annabelle smile. 

          *****

     The two walked side by side through the woods that have been empty for a while. They knew no one really hiked in the woods anymore, seeing as they were abandoned. The only things in the woods were animals. 

     "So you were in advanced placement?" Annabelle asked. Kevin laughed and shook his head. 

     "Yeah, I was," he said making Annabelle look over with a smile. 

     "Guess I'll have to find out what that's like. I had to always switch schools. Which meant I was always in regular classes," Annabelle explained. 

      "Life was normal," Kevin said making Annabelle nod. 

     "Yeah, used to be. Now we're running from demons and hiding in a chapel," Annabelle added causing Kevin to laugh a bit. 

      "Guess that's what we've amounted to," he said causing Annabelle to laugh this time. She stopped hearing the sound of running water, making Kevin stop too. A mischiveous smirk grew on her face making Kevin look back at her. "No." 

     "Come on!" she exclaimed throwing her arms up. She curled her bottom lip, pouting. Kevin groaned, turning to the sound of the water. 

     "Okay, let's go," he sighed making Annabelle smile. She forced him to run to the river where there was a mini waterfall going off a ledge. 

     "Hm, seems a bit useful," she said pulling her jacket off. 

     "Don't shove me in please," Kevin complained causing Annabelle to look over at him. 

     "Oh now I have to," she said sagging her shoulders. 

     "No please don't," Kevin said as Annabelle inched closer to him. 

     "Come here, Kev," Annabelle said as he back up. 

     "No, Annabelle, stop," he said starting to smile a bit. He was starting to enjoy it more than he usually would. If this had happened month's ago, he would've been mad. But he was seeming to be slightly happy with this little down time event. 

     Annabelle lunged at Kevin, shoving him into the water. She jumped in seconds later, both resurfacing at the same time. They were laughing and Kevin splashed Annabelle with water. She gasped, returning the gesture. They hit water back and forth for a good minute before Kevin gave up and held his hands in the air, accepting defeat. 

     "I surrender," he said making Annabelle smile. 

     "Victory, for once," she said making Kevin smile at the statement. 

     "Don't get that much anymore," he said making Annabelle nod. 

     "I feel like I'm always winning when I'm around you, though," she said smiling. They both treaded water until Annabelle looked up at the water fall. "Idea. Let's go "cliff jumping"." She used 'cliff jumping' in air quotes mainly because it was more of a small jump, but it could still be fun. 

     "Really?" Kevin asked. Annabelle nodded with excitement. 

     "Have I let you down yet?" she asked swimming to the river bank. Kevin sighed, knowing the answer to that would be no. "Knew it!" 

     "Okay, okay," Kevin muttered swimming to the bank too. They started climbing the rocks to get to the top, soon reaching it. They both looked over the edge, then Annabelle looked at Kevin. 

     "So who's going first?" she asked. Kevin looked at her, then extended his arm forward. 

     "Ladies first," he said. Annabelle shrugged, taking a few steps back. She ran to the edge then jumped. Kevin laughed as she came back up with her hair in her face. She flipped it back, then looked up. 

     "Alright, jump in!" Kevin sighed, taking a few steps back. He ran forward, then jumped in as well. Annabelle held her arms up to cover her eyes from getting water in them. When Kevin came back up, Annabelle was already swimming to the edge. 

     "Come on, slow poke," she said getting up and running up the rocks again. Kevin smiled, the warm feeling of happiness still stuck in the pit of his stomach. He swam to the bank again, following close behind Annabelle. 

     They continued their fun until sun down, then decided to head back to the chapel. They had managed to jump start the electricity inside and the shower earlier, so they would be fine. Then most likely they would both fall asleep. 

          *****

     Annabelle sat on the porch as Kevin was inside asleep. She was thinking about the day she had, and how tired she was. It was probably the most fun she had in a while. She pulled her phone out, staring at Sam's contact. She pressed call, then pulled the phone to her ear. When it went straight to voicemail, she sighed before starting. 

     "Hi, Sam. It's been six month's since Kevin and I escaped. Just wanted to let you know that we're safe and don't bother to come looking for us. But since you haven't answered any calls, I can only assume you are dead. Along with your brother. So, thanks for everything. Hopefully see you in Heaven." She moved the phone away from her ear, then pressed end call. She dropped the phone into the crack between the stairs, then stood. She walked inside, climbed in the bed she found, then dozed off to sleep. 

~*~

cute chapter for ya.

bye, peeps.