14- Willy Wonka

Based off 8.02, What's Up, Tiger Mommy?

~*~

     The five got out of the Impala, Kevin immediately noticing the red car in front of them. He smiled, Annabelle getting out after him. She saw the car too, then looked down at the plates. Expired. She rolled her eyes, knowing this would be nothing but trouble. 

     "Whoa," Kevin stated with wide eyes. 

     "Hey," Mrs. Tran said pulling his attention back to the shop. He walked inside, Annabelle nudging him lightly. Annabelle tuned out the first half of the conversation until Lyle, the clerk, made a rather rude remark. 

     "What's it to you, mail-order?" Lyle asked looking at Mrs. Tran. Annabelle narrowed her eyes, shifting her weight. 

     "Hey! Pal!" Dean yelled slamming his hand on the counter. 

     "I got it," Annabelle said stepping forward. "It's come to my attention that your driving with expired tags, correct? Maybe because you just acquired the car in a trade? I'm guessing that means you haven't registered it yet, which means you haven't paid the tax. Is that correct?" 

     "None of your business," Lyle said removing his feet from the counter. 

     "Kevin, average blue book on a 2010 Ferrari F430 Spider?" Mrs. Tran asked following up Annabelle's investigation. 

     "Two hundred seventeen thousand," Kevin said stepping forward a bit. 

     "And the five percent Wyoming tax?" Mrs. Tran asked again. 

     "Ten thousand eight hundred fifty," Annabelle said with crossed arms. 

     "Ten thousand. Something tells me you're the type who might balk at a tax bill that big," Mrs. Tran said tilting her head slightly. 

     "W-what is this, an FBI audit?" Lyle stuttered. 

     "No. But my brother, who happens to work for the Wyoming tax assessor's office could arrange that if he thought something untoward was happening here. So what's it going to be – the tablet or that piece of Eurotrash crap you call a car?" Annabelle looked back at Kevin who seemed slightly confused with his mothers behavior. Annabelle smiled, turning back to look at the look on Lyle's face. They were going to get answers. 

          *****

     Annabelle leaned against the Impala as Sam knocked on the motel room door. Lyle had given them the place, and she was starting to think he had just stood them up. 

     "Kevin?" a man's voice said. Everyone turned to see a man with a top hat and cane standing in front of them. 

     "I thought Willy Wonka was just a movie," Annabelle stated pushing off the car. "Who wants to know?" 

     "Oh, relax, Annabelle. I'm not going to steal your Prophet." Annabelle looked at the ground, an unsettling feeling rooting in her. "Ah. And you must be Kevin's mother. Um... Beau. And it is my absolute pleasure." The man kissed Mrs. Tran's hand and she smiled. "And, um, Kevin. Imagine my luck. Here I was, working so hard looking for you that I never stopped to think you might be looking for me. I have something for you."

     "What is it?" Dean asked reaching for his gun as Beau reached for something as well. 

     "An invitation," he said pulling a card out of his coat pocket. "Dear man, to a very exclusive event. And another one, for Annabelle." She furrowed her eyebrows.