19- Bless Your Soul

Dean picked up the chain that would go around his neck. Annabelle looked at the dress that she found in Charlie's closet. She was going to grab it, but also wanted to rip it to shreds. In her opinion, it was pretty ugly. Something besides red would've been better than that. Then, her phone saved the day. 

     "Thank god," Annabelle said reaching for it and pressing answer to the phone call. "Hello?" 

     "Hey, Annabelle. I need you back at the boat. I hope you didn't go too far," Kevin's voice chorused over the cell phone. Annabelle turned to face Dean again. 

     "Yeah, I'll be there as soon as I can. Is something wrong?" she asked grabbing her coat from the bed. 

     "Everything's fine. It's just Garth keeps coming in and out. It's getting pretty annoying. I just need someone to keep me somewhat insane," Kevin confessed as he stared down at the notes scribbled in front of him. 

     "Alright, I get it. I'll be there soon. Bye." Annabelle hung up the phone without letting Kevin reply, then looked between Dean and Charlie. "Well, I lasted here a good few hours. Kevin called, apparently needs some serious grounding. I'll call you later." 

     "Got it. Don't use all your juice getting to him," Dean said making Annabelle shrug. 

     "Seems as though I'm pretty juiced up. Back to full power for full time. For example." Annabelle used her powers to change her clothes. 

     "Woah," Charlie said with wide eyes. "Okay, when she has a free day I need to talk to her." 

     "Yeah, sure. I'll find one after we save the world from Crowley. Alright, gotta go. Bye Dean, Charlie." She then disappeared from the room to stand in front of the house boat. 

          *****

     The secret knock rang throughout the house boat, and Annabelle heard the slide of the peep hole cover. She waited before Kevin opened the door. He muttered a "hi" then started walking back to the table. Annabelle slowly walked in, closing the door. 

     "You feeling okay?" she asked. Kevin plopped down in the seat, letting his head fall into his hands. Annabelle sighed, walking over to him. She pulled up a chair, glancing down at his notes. He had something along the lines of trials. "You need a break." 

     "No, I can't take a break. This is my job, I have to do it to close the Gates of Hell and get Crowley out of our life," Kevin said turning to face her. Annabelle sighed, taking one of his hands to turn him away from the tablet. 

     "Kevin, you can get out of this life, you just need to slow down." Kevin sighed, leaning back in his seat and slouching down. "This will all end at some point, I promise. For now, calm down." Kevin looked back up to see the worry in Annabelle's eyes as she stared at his crippling form. A sigh escaped his lips as he nodded again. 

     "Okay, okay, fine," Kevin said standing and walking towards his room. 

     "Get some sleep, I'll hold down the fort," Annabelle said standing up. Kevin gave her a weak smile, collapsing into the bed. Annabelle pulled her chair around the table to the computer by the sink. She grabbed the headphones on the table and pulled up Sam's Netflix account. She clicked The Vampire Diaries, leaning back and watching. 

          *****

     "Oh come on! Really?! Really!?" Annabelle shouted at the computer in front of her. She had practically binged season 3 of The Vampire Diaries, and didn't care about yelling because Kevin was in the shower. 

     Currently she was angered by the ending of season 3, seeing as she had just watched probably the most stressful season out of the 3. Kevin walked out of the bathroom, hair damp and smelling fresh now. He had a smile on his face as he saw Annabelle pacing around the room in front of the computer.

     "Something wrong?" Kevin asked setting down the towel he was using to dry his hair out. 

     "They can't just do that!" Annabelle complained motioning to the computer. Kevin chuckled, shutting the computer and putting it at the end of the counter. 

     "You need a break from the computer," Kevin said turning to face Annabelle. 

     "Fine, but that means you have to give me money to go buy you a proper meal that's not a hot dog," Annabelle said walking towards the door. Kevin sighed, pulling open a drawer that had money in it. He held out fifty dollars, Annabelle gladly taking it. "I'll be back later, and before you ask yes I have hex bags." 

     "Good. Come back with a salad or something," Kevin called after her. Annabelle waved, shutting and locking the door behind her. 

          *****

     Annabelle grabbed a salad from the refrigerated section, putting it in the basket. She turned, grabbing a box of cookies as well. She then walked to the bathroom section, grabbing deodorant because Kevin needed it desperately. She then grabbed him a toothbrush and toothpaste. 

     The shopping continued as Annabelle started walking to the check. She rounded the corner of the aisle, feeling a stare on her. She paused, seeing someone out of her peripheral vision. She glanced over, pretending to turn and look at the section she was next to. She could still feel his stare, then decided to look at him. 

     Once she did, the man looked away. He began walking towards the exit of the store, making Annabelle follow. She set her groceries down, following him quickly. Once she was outside and behind him, she paused. Two people lunged at her, trying to put a bag over her head. She had swiftly moved her hand in the air, grabbing the bag and ripping it in half. She kicked one of the men back, grabbed the knife from her boot and stabbing him. She sighed as she turned and met the other one with a knife to her throat. 

     "Put it down," he commanded. She slowly bent down, beginning to set the knife down. She looked up at the man, then quickly grabbed the gun in her boot and shot him. She turned to see the other guy standing there with a smug smile on his face. She held the gun up, not knowing whether or not to shoot him or let him live. He hadn't done anything yet. He was wearing a suit, though. Could be FBI, or fake FBI. 

     "Do I need to shoot you?" Annabelle asked, keeping her breathing steady. 

     "No. Not yet," he smiled. She saw his eyes turn black, then she was knocked out cold.