|| 012 - 3/7 ||

~The tongue is a small thing,
But what enormous damage it can do.

~James 3:5

~

Verona Villafranca Airport.
After three days of crashing in Saint-Cloud at Ita's place, we had finally landed in Italy, awaiting the phone call of Mona Dessébo, yet her adopted name, Mona Della-Rocca.

"Do you think she'll be kitted out in either Prada, Givenchy or Gucci?" Ita attempted to make small talk whilst dragging our suitcases through the airport, towards the exit where Mona said she'd meet us. I puffed out my cheeks in thought.

"Probably all three, actually more." She chortled in response, reapplying her limited edition Chanel lipstick. I was probably right, referring back to her title, the daughter of Greed. She'll be strutting her stuff for the whole airport to steal a glimpse at.

How did I not think for a second that she'd change her mind about meeting us at the exit. She wanted all eyes on her.

"Ely! Ita! Over here!" We caught sound of a rather smooth voice ringing in our ears as we scoped round to match the voice with the glamorous sixteen year old, blinding us (well mostly me) with her striking money eaten outfit, waving and beckoning is both to group around her.

"You were right, Ely." She muttered, nudging my clothed muscular arm. Mona's eyes were a deep brown, not at dark as mine however, but enough to know that she wasn't an ordinary teen.

"Wow. How come no one else can see that your eyes and veins are black?" She studied my features, fascinated by my abnormal appearance.

"Because you're one of us. But my veins go darker than this when Wrath is present. It's like your eyes, they turn from dark brown to green ever so often." She hummed, still stunned as we set off to her home, which was surprisingly only a five minute walk away from the airport.

"What's your family like then?" Ita was curious to find out what her answer would be, as she was around us. She knew that when she is around me, her true feelings were unlocked out of her safe.

"Just an average working family. But I ruin it by not being satisfied with what I have."

"I see." Ita replied, turning towards me.

"I nearly sent both my mother and father into debt once." She strung out lowly, ashamed of her actions.

"Well, we just want you to know that you'll be free of this curse eventually. We feel your pain." I assured her comfortingly. I really meant what I said. We both really felt the connection to her. Like she was trapped in this alter ego that she just could not dig her way out of.

"It's heartbreaking every time I demand something off either my mother or father and I know that they don't have the money for it. It's only after I've had a tantrum that I realise how much of a cow I was and still am to them." She had to know fully that she was not going to be stuck like this.

Neither was any of us.