Chapter 15

I woke peacefully for once. There was no yelling, no boys practicing their songs, and no one in the house. Sun greeted me with its rays tickling the tops of my closed eyelids. I breathed in deeply and tightened my arms around Gustav's pillow. He and the guys went to scope out some venues earlier this morning. I inhaled the scent of his shampoo and rolled onto my back. This house...it's almost too quiet. I decided to lug myself from the bed. This silence will drive me up a wall. I'm taking myself out for breakfast.

I found the keys, locked our apartment door, and sprinted down a couple flights of stairs while texting Gus and telling him to have fun today followed by three pink hearts. I got into his car, they took Rayn's, and drove to a local diner. When I walked in I felt multiple pairs of eyes on me. I'm still getting used to being seen out in public with my famous roommates as well as being recognized without them. The hostess knew my face immediately. She tried to hide her excitement in the presence of a celebrity.

"Oh, oh my gosh...Clea! Hi! Welcome! I'm Savannah, I'll be your server for today."

"Hey, Savannah." I said casually with my hands shoved into my pockets as if we've been longtime friends. She smiled. I said her name.

"You just made me love my name. Sorry...that was weird."

"Honey, I understand. I was overjoyed when I met my first famous person, too." And he kissed me I muttered under my breath so she couldn't hear. She led me to a secluded booth in the back so that I was alone and could enjoy my privacy with my back to everyone.

"I figured you want to enjoy your breakfast."

"I do. Thank you." I placed my order and she skipped off happily, her ponytail swinging from side to side behind her. French toast with powdered sugar, butter, and syrup for today. When my meal and orange juice arrived, the waitress brought a man tethered behind her. 

"This man said he's an acquaintance of yours? I was going to void him off but he convinced me to at least ask your permission if he could join you." The smooth, young face didn't pluck a heartstring.

"Oh, um; yeah, let him sit."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Thank you." I nodded to Savannah as confirmation. What does he want? Who is he? He took the cushioned seat across from me.

"Hey."

"Hi?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I told her I was with you but she didn't believe me. She practically fought me, it's not like you're famous or something." Oh, he doesn't know. "Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I think you're very pretty. I saw you when you came in. You were being seated."

"Oh." I didn't know how to react. "Thank you." These phrases are getting to be a little repetitive. 

"Of course." He smiled. "My name's Lincoln. Yours?"

"Clea." We shook hands over the platter. This is so odd. 

"Pleasure to meet you, Clea."

"you too...Lincoln." I copied with a giggle.

"Okay, so, I have an idea."

"And what would that be?"

"I might be going out on this limb a little quick but, would you want to go on a date with me?"

"I have a boyfriend..." I bit my lip uncomfortably. This conversation just took an awkward turn. 

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"No, no, don't be. We can still be friends. I'll hang out with you but it won't be a date." I made the situation clear to him.

"That sounds good. Let me breathe real quick; I didn't think I'd even get this far." I laughed. He's a joker just like all the other people I surround myself with. I finished my food and we exchanged numbers before departing to our separate destinations. His personality seems lively and trustworthy. Perhaps it's time for a friend outside of the Soundcloud category?

I put the key in the ignition and turned it; the sports car revved to life. As soon as I buckled my seatbelt, checked the mirrors, and shifted the gear, my phone buzzed. I smiled at the contact name and put the gear back in park: Boo-Bear. Gustav told me he loved me through a short text message but it meant the world. My heart warmed and I drove out of the parking lot. As I drove down a busy street, my phone rang again. This time it was not Gustav, nor Lincoln for that matter. The letters that illuminated in bold on the home screen were G.O.T.H. and a black heart following. 

Goth?

What the fuck?

I accepted the call swiftly. "Hello?"

"Cleaaaaaaa." His words slurred. Oh great. "Peep won't answer my calls."

"He's looking for venues to perform at this weekend," I informed. "you'll have to call back later tonight." I paused. "What are you doing up so early? London's time zone is more than five hours ahead of yours."

"Um...well...you see...I miss you guys."

"Okay?"

"And I did something dumb." He sounded ashamed and hesitant, like he wasn't sure he should tell me.

"What would that be?"

"Ummmmm...ummmmm."

"Goth," I said calmly. "What did you do.

It came out in a burst of letters. "I BOUGHT A PLANE TICKET TO LONDON!!! I'M SORRY BUT IT WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FACE AND I PURCHASED IT AND I'LL SEE YOU SOON!!!"

"GOTH!" I was yelling now. "WHAT THE HELL!?!" The line disconnected and I rang Gustav up quicker than a zap of lightning.

________________________

Did you guys know Goth and Peep were in love??? Goth confirmed it on his Twitter.

Oh, and do you guys want me to put out an album? https://soundcloud.com/user-269167878

com/user-269167878