Chapter 27

"Bex baby, we have something to talk about." Tears stained her face. Clea warned me she'd throw a pity party. She's just acting. I can too. It's not that hard.

"What's wrong, honey?" I enveloped her in my strong arms and stroked her silky black hair. The scent of her shampoo lingered. 

"Clea came after me. She tackled me in the haunted house and then came to my house to apologize but she and her friend must've had something planned out because Mint tried to beat me up. I got away and came straight to you. I figured you'd want to know that Rayn was involved." I pulled out of the hug.

"Rayn was involved!?" I said in false disbelief with a betrayed facial expression. "He went behind my back and hurt you?"

"I thought he was our friend." She collapsed back against my body. I held her and looked out over her shoulder to an emerging Mint. 

"What are you doing?" I mouthed.

"Moving for Clea." She mouthed back. Clea snuck over to the door, opened, and then shut it. Mint was back in her hiding spot. This was to make it sound like she just arrived home.

"What are you doing here?!" Clea yelled at the girl in my arms.

"Telling my boyfriend everything you've done."

"Everything?" She emphasized. "Like what really happened in the haunted house? Or are you leaving those crucial details out? Sit down, Bexey. We have a lot to talk about." Clea demanded from me. I looked bewildered but she came forth with a frustrated grunt and pushed us in the direction of the lounge Rayn hid behind. Skyler played the victim card, as always apparently, and it was becoming harder and harder to go through with Mint's instructions. I loved Skyler at one point. Feelings do come back...even if she hurt me with the photos I found on her phone.

Clea began listing off the many reasons why I should drop Skyler. I pretended to morph into anger...it soon wasn't an act. Clea reminded me of the evil nature she really hides behind her perfect, flawless, gorgeous, collected and calm facade. Skyler had been cuddled up in the nook of my bicep between my arm and my chest at the start of this discussion but now she sat on the cushion beside me. She occasionally glanced in my direction, searching for hope; I gave her none. I watched her strong walls begin to crumble. 

Tears lined beneath her eyelids. She didn't bother to wipe them away for fear of me spotting her vulnerability. She focused on a specific square in the rug and didn't speak as Clea screamed at the both of us. She knew she had been caught. Skyler knew this would end horribly for her.

Finally, I spoke. "What made you do it?" Clea was out of breath and just kept looking her up and down. Skye rose her eyes to mine.

"Because I love you."

"If you loved him you would love his friends too, not try to destroy his relationships with the people he lives with." Clea butt in.

"Clea," I excused her and turned back to my ex. "You and I, we are no longer a thing." Her eyes fluttered and she wiped the water leaking from her tear ducts away for the first time. "I can forgive what you've done but I can not excuse it." She nodded and pursed her lips, saying nothing. "I don't want to talk to you. Please leave." It was hard, so so hard, to say those words. 

She broke down, at last, and gathered herself to exit our home. Before she reached the door I called after her and she stopped. "May I ask you one thing?" She turned slowly, her eyes puffy and bloodshot. Her makeup was smeared all over her soft, young, and clear face. 

"What's that?" Her single voice was still the most angelic thing that had ever met my eardrums. This is going to shatter her heart, but she shattered mine.

"A few days ago you were in the bathroom and your phone was on the pillow on my bed. A message came through from someone with the contact name of Secret. I was alarmed and, since I know your password, I explored." I awaited a reaction or an outburst to stop me from spilling out the truth but she just listened. Perhaps she knew I had found out? "Skyler, would you like to explain to me why you have been cheating on me with Gab3?" My close friend...

"He doesn't treat me the way you people do." She stormed out the door and that was all. I knew the truth. My heart cracked. I didn't know who I was mad at anymore. Anger just consumed me. Clea scooted over to me on the couch and wrapped her frail arms around my shoulders. Mint, Rayn, and Gus emerged from their hiding places.

"Why didn't you tell me you caught her cheating?" Clea asked. "I would have put her to sleep."

"Does Gab3 know about you and Skyler's relationship? Did he do this on purpose?" Gustav stormed our way. He was steaming.

"He should. It's all over my Instagram." Gus grabbed the phone in Clea's hand and his thumbs blazed. 

"What are you doing, babe?" 

"Getting answers."

"I take it you're texting him?" Rayn queried. 

"Duh." I shook my head.

"It's whatever."

"It's everything, Bexey." Mint encouraged me. "I might not like you very much but the enemy of my enemy is my friend. I'm in this for you." She caused a smile to appear on my face.

Family.

_____________

The shirt Wiggy sent me came in. Peep has touched it and I'm in love.