04. Rain

비

TAP, TAP, TAP, THE RAIN WOULD SPEAK each time it came in touch with the bedroom windows. The clock was already striking two in the am but June couldn't fall asleep. Exhausted more than anything in this world, she tried to close her eyes but never managed to keep them shut. Her mind was once again full of thoughts, random images dancing in the back of her head, causing her to shift beneath the sheets, before she let out a deep sigh, already knowing that tonight she won't be getting any rest.

So she stood up, got dressed as quickly as she could, grabbed an umbrella and stormed out of her home, the smell of rain brushing against her tired face.

She took her headphones as well, walking slowly and trying to figure out whether she liked the rain or absolutely despised it.

There was something about it she couldn't quiet understand. It was as if the rain would change its mood, one day it would be happy and cheerful, its drops watering the flowers on the streets, but other days it would be like the skies came crushing down, the rain pouring against the ground as if the gods were crying their eyes out.

Tonight was different however. June didn't feel happy, nor sad, but rather confused and troubled. The reason because of why she felt this way, was yet unknown to her.

The night was as dark as the sullen clouds before the storm as June softly hummed to the music she listened. Step by step, her feet would tap against the ground as she innocently walked to the other side of the road. Once closing the umbrella, her eyes glanced to the left and right, making sure no cars were in sight.

Whenever she felt as if her brain wouldn't give her rest any time soon, June would always go to a local coffee shop that was stationed just around the corner, in hope that it would be still open. Afterall, that coffee shop was Taehyung's favorite place. But to get there, June had to walk over the train rails, her feet carefully stepping against the metal road with the music still echoing in her ears.

With her arms spread apart, June smiled for a split second, not noticing the bright lights behind her that were slowly coming towards her, before everything went dark, just like the hollow sky above her.