35. Kiss Me

키스 해줘

키스 해줘

June was taking way too many deep breaths that day.

She desperately needed every spark of courage to attack her and lead her through this because she was standing in front of the dance studio, looking at the entrance door and making herself ready to open them. But it took her too long to even lay a hand against the knob, because she kept walking in circles, thinking of words to say.

When she couldn't think of anything, she almost made her way back home but knew that Namjoon would be mad if she did so.

Then she stayed, glued to the pavement, with each and every muscle frozen in place.

Because the day was already here. Jimin's birthday came sooner than expected, and with that, a change of plans as well.

Instead of being in charge of balloons and the birthday cake, she was given a new role. One that made her chest feel heavier than usual.

Thankful for not having to choose between various flavors of a cake, June was entangled in a much more demanding role. She was supposed to distract Jimin that same day.

Jaw clenched and lungs filled with dense air, she then moved her delicate hand and wrapped her fingers around the knob.

What is it that makes people take so long to do something? To react?

After all, a reaction was all that is – an action already imprinted in our brains, as if we've recalculated beforehand all the possible outcomes of a certain decision or a certain movement we've decided to make.

We are re-acting a scenery our brain already knew.

And so, the doors opened before her, revealing exactly what happens when people take too long to react – a surprise happens. One in form of none other than Jimin's body almost colliding with hers.

''Oh June'', his voice was pitched higher than usual. Maybe because he too, was taken aback. ''What are you doing here?''

No contact is made, but she looked up in shock at the almost impact.

Quick to think of the reasons behind the abrupt visit, June lowers her face mask and pulls out another, black one.

"Pollution is really bad today so I came to make sure you had one as well.''

Jimin then lifts up a white mask, making June's advice and worry absolutely pointless. ''Thanks, but I got myself covered.''

A soft smile curled up the corner of his lips when he ruffled his messy hair and fixed back the black baseball cap that looked just as worn out as he did.

Once his mouth had been covered with the mask, Jimin waved hurriedly, took a bypass and was ready to leave home but June couldn't allow that.

Within an instance, she hopped in front of him, ready to do whatever it takes to not let this plan go wrong.