28. An Apple

사과

사과

''Why are you always buying green apples?''

It seemed that the quiet convenience store was made for Jimin's high pitched voice. A pause followed after his eyes roamed through the aisles, picking up vegetables and putting them right back down. Who would've thought that agreeing to a late night shopping for groceries would be this exciting.

''Is there something wrong with the red ones?''

Question after a question, Jimin couldn't help it: he was nosy.

''Do you not like them?''

But June shook her head. ''I don't.'' Her eyes keep scanning the apples, as if looking for a flaw or for the tinniest sunspot that would deviate the same apple from the rest.

''What? Why not?'' The boy's eyebrows knit together, a sort of disbelief appearing on his face.

''I don't know. They're too sweet for my liking and after a while, they just turn to a mush. Unless they're really fresh, it feels as if you're eating pure flour.'' June explained. ''I guess I just like the sour ones better.''

''You're so weird.'' Jimin rolled his eyes.

And with that being said, a plastic bag of ten almost identical green apples was carefully held in June's right hand. But before she could bring them to the cash register, Jimin swiftly reached inside the bag, leaving a piece of fruit at the very bottom: it being nothing else than the eleventh apple.

A red one.

June's head jolted up, her perfectionistic personality trait being almost offended by the sudden act. All it took was a hard swallow and a long sigh to let her need for a sense of control subside.

''What?'' There it was. That same sheepish smile that drove June crazy because he loved to tease her in every possible way he could. ''I like the sweet ones.''

''Park Jimin, are you hitting on me?'' She asked.

The boy only dug his hands deep into the pocket of his jeans, an action soon followed by a smooth cheeky grin. ''Would you have wanted me to?''

''Gosh, you're such an idiot.''