11. Secret

비밀

비밀

''What are you doing here?''

Completely frozen, June kept standing there, afraid to turn around even though she already knew whose breathing she could feel against the skin on her neck.

''Aish, did my cat eat your tongue?''

Swiftly she crumpled the photograph, putting it in the back pocket of her jeans, as she turned around slowly, hoping that Jimin hadn't seen a thing. ''N-no. I'm sorry. You just startled me.''

But he ignored her words as he made a few steps forward, leaving just a few inches of air between the two of them. His piercing gaze was now on her, wondering to why she was snooping around in his room. ''You didn't answer my first question.''

June took a step back, suddenly intimidated by his presence. But as soon as she did so, he would follow her exact movements, keeping the distance between them as small as humanly possible. ''The doors were open. I thought you were inside.''

''You could've waited for me outside, I don't like people invading my privacy.'' He shook his head, the tone in his voice filled with disappointment. ''If I didn't know you, I'd be calling the cops.''

He mocked, but June took his words seriously.

''Look, I'm sorry, okay?'' She pleaded, swallowing audibly and hoping that her shaky voice won't uncover the fact that she had stolen something from him.

''I-I was, I needed-'' She stuttered, her brain finding it difficult to form comprehensible words. ''I needed to pee.''

Really, June? Really?

The boy squinted his eyes at her, trying his hardest not to laugh. Jimin was never intimidating, he wasn't the bad boy though he liked to act as if. ''You should've seen your face. You look cute when you're scared.''

He scratched the back of his head, smiled widely at her. ''Now tell me the real reason you've been snooping around, and don't lie because I'll know if you do.''

He smiled at the girl but something about his smile was different. It was as if he knew that June was up to something. But he didn't mind it. He had probably noticed how nervous she was, how slurred her speech seemed to be.

The book that June had unintentionally dropped on the floor caught his full attention.

Jimin wasn't stupid, he sure knew where he kept his belongings, so when he walked passed June, he bended down and picked the book that she dropped on the ground without even checking inside of it, to make sure everything was intact. It seemed that he knew she took the photograph but his voice was silent.

Once closing the book, he then carefully put it back on his desk, crossed his arms and looked her straight in the eyes. "Speak."

But June couldn't bring herself to form a simple sentence. Her mind would drift to the picture she had hidden in the pocket of her jeans. She came here to find some answers yet she kept piling on the questions.

''If you don't start talking, I'll have to make you."

June just kept digging herself dipper into the hole of embarrassment. There's no way in hell she would tell him the real reason for her coming here, he'll think that she's nothing but a creepy stalker and probably won't ever want to talk to her again, so she just bit her bottom lip, with the mind of hers comping up with such believable lies.

"There is this theater play coming up, and I'd love to get the role but I fear my dancing isn't that good." She looked down at her feet, clutching the hem of her buttoned up blouse.

Oh, if only he knew how good she was at lying.

"What are you implying on?" The boy cocked his head slightly to one side, his attention focused on her body language; her eyes avoided his, as she rubbed the palms against her thighs in order to wipe off the sudden sweat. She was acting nervous once again.

"I thought maybe you could show me a few tricks, just to help me get better at dancing."

"You want me to tutor you?"

"Well no. I mean, yeah, but only for a while."

"I thought you didn't need my help." He raised his eyebrows to which June let out a deep sigh as an answer. ''And I quote; I don't need a tutor, I can do this on my own, thank you.''

"Well." Her cheeks were immediately flushed as she looked him in the eyes, surprised at how he remembered her exact words. "I do now."

With vivid annoyance, Jimin rubbed his temples. "Aish. All this drama just to ask for my help. You really are something."

He ran a hand through his hair so elegantly before his lips parted, his low voice forming new words, the different dialect making its appearance once again. ''Fine then. Tomorrow, at eight in the dance studio.''

''Oh, and June?''

"Hmm?''

''Do me a favor and don't snoop around my apartment next time.''

.  .  .

are you guys enjoying this so far? i hope you are. thank you for your support. you're absolutely incredible. please leave a vote, comment or share with your friends. it means a lot and it keeps me motivated. spread the word.

love you, always.