18. The Moon

달

JUNE WAS NOT A PERSON TO SHED A TEAR SO EASILY. It was a rather stupid occasion, it being a death of an animal in a random movie or just the sight of a good looking actor in a drama she loved so dearly. While in the outside world however, she would bottle up her feelings towards those around her, act as if nothing had even happened and as if things were just fine when in reality, nothing was really okay.

Not her, not her mind, not even her own heart.

Without noticing that her legs have given up on her, her whole weight came in touch with the cold pavement. Bringing her knees closer to her chest, she hadn't realized that her sniffing now turned into sobbing; and she couldn't stop herself anymore, letting whatever amount of tears there is to trickle down her cheeks.

She hadn't had a single care for the people around her, not even for the weirded out and pitiful glances shot right at her.

She couldn't care, not about something so foolish, something that wasn't as nearly as important as her close friend.

June felt so many eyes staring at her, watching her; the glances belonging to the people who were passing by. They would stop for a second but soon continue with their own lives. Though there was a weird feeling in her gut, something that she couldn't explain. It was as if someone was staring at her, not for a second but for a long time, their presence almost tangible in the late night air.

So she lifted her head up slightly, eyes meeting with a blurred outline of someone's body; a silhouette she would be able to recognize even if her own sight went blind.

''Jimin?'' Her soft voice cracked as she looked at the brown haired boy, who was still holding the flowers in his hand.

''Are you crying?''

''No?'' The girl replied, wiping off the tears with her palms in embarrassment. ''There's something in my eye.''

''June-ah.'' He dragged the syllables in her name as he sat beside her on the cold pavement. ''What happened? Tell me.''

But the girl ignored his question as she still hid her puffy eyes away from his glance. ''Did you see Jungkook, your friend? How is he doing?''

Jimin chuckled quietly, bowing his head down as his eyes almost disappeared behind his eyelids. ''Ah, I didn't visit him. I told you that Jungkookie wouldn't like the flowers and honestly, he'd be happier with a slice of pizza.''

Seeing that June still wouldn't turn her head to his direction as if she couldn't hear him speaking, Jimin sighed. ''I got worried. You left so abruptly which got me thinking that something might've been wrong, so I ran after you.''

June slightly shook her head, moving away the hair from her face as her sniffing became silent, though her eyes still unable to meet with his.

''Idiot.'' She muttered, a soft smile appearing on her face.