Part 1

"Jaidon! Get up!" I hear my twin brother yell and bang on the wall that separates my room and his room.

"What do you want?!" I yell back while seeking warmth under my comforter.

"School dumbass," replies my oh so charming brother.

I pull myself out of my bed grumbling about how it seems like today should be the first day of summer, not the first day of junior year. I get in the shower and throw on some jeans and a white t-shirt and pair it with my leather jacket.

Damon and I are identical twins so we look like we were cloned, but I guess that's kinda the whole point of twins. We share the same dirty blonde hair, green eyes, and deep dimples. The only way you can tell us apart is if you look really close,  Damon has a freckle on the side of his nose and he has a design on the side of his head he shaves in. Plus, I have a scar on my cheekbone and forehead, which stands out because of my tanned skin. I sigh at my reflection. Good enough I guess.

By the time I make it downstairs, my mom is making Damon and I a bowl of mixed fruit. My mom is in this phase where we have to heathy to ward of heat disease or something like that.

I sit down next to Damon and wait patiently for my mom to finish. I wish I could say the same for Damon, he's acting like mom doesn't feed him.

"Good morning beautiful sons of mine! Are you ready for junior year!?" mom says cheerfully.

Damon and I look at each other and roll our eyes, "yep totally" we reply in a sarcastic tone.

"Hey! Enough with the sarcasm. You guys need to try this year, I know that the last couple years were hard, but just please try. Things will start to look up, you'll see."

"Okay, mom" Damon says in a whisper as I sit quietly casting my eyes downward.

We all start eating and Damon squeezes my shoulder and sends me a small smile, noticing my change in mood.

"Well look at the time you guys better start the walk to school so you're not late," she's been doing this ever since dad left-trying to be cheery and encouraging twenty-four seven. Sometimes it was nice, but most the the time it was just irritating, but I know she tries.

"Come on Jai, we have ourselves a 20-minute walk," Damon says as he pulls me away from my half-eaten bowl of fruit.

By the time we get to school, we have 10 minutes to get our schedules and get to first period. So we go straight to the office and compare our schedules. Damon and I only have last period together, which is history. I was hoping to have more classes with him, but it will also be nice to get a break from having to deal with him every minute of every day.

"Well, we better get going. Your friends are already going to scold you for ditching them. See ya."

"Yeah, yeah," I mumble as I start to make my way towards the English room where I promised my friends I'd meet them.

When my friends are in sight, Emily is already squealing.

"What took you so long! Me, James, Ashley, and Cameron were waiting like for forever!" Emily says, half annoyed and half crazily from her caffeine addiction.

"Sorry," I reply sheepishly, running my hands through my hair.

We were an odd group, all of us being drastically different. Emily being a hyper ball of energy is different from Ashley who was quiet yet demanding and independent. Even her hair set her apart, she dyed half of it green and the other half black. James was kind of goofy and modern while Cameron was more technical and engineering smart. I was more on the quiet side, kind of like Ashley in a way, but still very different.

"Hello Earth to Jaidon," Ashley says bringing me back to the present.

"Shall we compare schedules before school starts?" Ashley asks.

"Yeah, I just spaced out for a sec."

We all have periods 1-4 together which is English, Maths, Chemistry and lunch, but we were all spread out over the last 2 periods of the day. Where I have Physiology and History, Emily and Ashley have Cosmetology and French, Cameron has Tech Engineering and Robotics, and James has Photography and Design.

"Well this is not so bad we have most of our classes together," Cameron states.

"Yes! Lets raise some hell!" James exclaims, earning us a few looks from classmates walking by. 

"Ah, you guys better not," says Mr. Poe warns as he walks by us and into his classroom.

"No promises," we all say in unison. He is actually a pretty cool teacher, we had him last year and he was pretty relaxed. He rarely yelled at people for playing music on their phones, as long as you had one headphone out and he usually tolerated whispering, unless he was going over a lesson that was extremely important.