Part 6

Soon enough it was Friday and I wasn't overly excited for the football game. So I decided I would just bring extra hydro's which I have been taking every day, to make the evening better and all of my friends are going to come with me. But I'm pretty sure only Emily and Ashley will show because Cameron hates football saying 'it's just a giant game of complicated frisbee,' and 'I just don't get it.' James is too much of a germaphobe to go to a high school football game, too. So, that leaves Ashley, Emily, and myself.

I am happy, however, that I have gotten used to the Hydrocodone and I often find myself itching to use it more than I used to. I don't know why I haven't done this before.

Ashley and Emily told me to meet them at the top, right bleachers. My statement from earlier was spot on. Cameron complained when we said we were going and said that he would rather eat his own hand than sit through a football game and James looked like he wanted to go but decided against it because he thought there were too many diseases and they never wash the stadiums.

Sometimes I feel bad for James, I know that he can't control his phobia of germs and I know that he doesn't like to be left out. I hope that one day he will get over his fear, or at least learn how to manage it.

Once I get to the stadium I search for my friends, which wasn't hard because Emily had war paint on her face and a giant sign saying "LET"S GO JAGUARS! KICK ASS!"

"Hey you made it!" Emily says when I find myself standing next to her.

"Yeah, of course."

"Well lets get this thing a rolling!" Ashley cheers.

During the game, I noticed that I was having more fun than when I wasn't using. I think the girls noticed too from the strange, but satisfied looks they would shoot at me. Thank god they don't know why, and hopefully it stays that way.

"Hey, I have to go pee, hold my sign?" Emily says while thrusting her sign in my face. I nod and tell her to hurry so she doesn't miss too much and Ashley told her to bring her a Pepsi while she's gone.

Just a few seconds after she left Damon scored a touchdown and I really was excited and happy for him so I started jumping and cheering him on. When I sat back down Ashley tapped me harshly on the shoulder.

"What the hell, Ash?" I ask not knowing what was going on.

"What the fuck are you doing with these!" She yells furiously and that's the exact moment when I notice I no longer feel the 3 white pills that I stuffed in my pocket. She was now dangling them in front of my face. They must have fallen out of my pocket. I do the only thing I can think to do. I grab the pills out of her hand and run.

"How dare you call the cops on me! You bitch. I'm going to kill you all!" he yells.

"Run Jaidon! Run!" My mom yells as hot tears fall down her face.

"No, I won't leave you!" I yell back.

My dad whips out his gun and aims it directly between my eyes. I can hear Mom and Damon yelling in the background. I wish they didn't have to see this.

"Sir drop the weapon! Now! Get on your knees!"

I watch as my dad drops his gun and is put in handcuffs and thrown into the back of a cop car. After years of abuse, he's finally gone.

I rub my eyes raw trying to get the painful memories out of my head. Only when I open them to I realize I've run all the way to the parking lot. I take the pills in my hand and swallow them dry. I need them to take me away.

"Hey! You should watch your intake. You could OD," I hear someone say from behind me.

"Yeah, I know. I have it under control. The people just became too much and I needed to calm down. I actually don't use very often," I lie smoothly as I turn around to face the stranger. For a second a wonder about when I had become such a good lier.

"Yeah, I know some people with bad social anxiety. I know you, you're the new buyer. Do you wanna go somewhere? You kinda look like shit," says the man I now recognize as Daniel.

I ignore his insult and shrug not knowing what else to do.

He nods his head in the direction of what must be his car.

The car ride was fairly quiet apart from the music playing through his red LED lit car radio. The whole car had the black and red theme and looked pretty expensive so I made sure I kept my feet on the mats and stayed still so I didn't get it dirty.

A few minutes later we pulled into a long driveway that led into a giant house. How many people live here? I stare at the house in astonishment. I don't know how anyone could afford this.

"Well, are you coming?" I nod my head in response and hurry after him and step into the house. I'm not sure what to expect but the nerves in my stomach tighten even more.