Epilogue

I really struggled with the ending, not knowing what path I should take it but I hope that I chose the right one. And I hope you enjoy.

Damons POV

I watched my brother fall to the ground. It was obvious that he had done it to protect us. Requiem members have invade the room, taking in the scene before them. I could see their admiration for their co-leader in their eyes, having caught on.

Everything seemed to be in slow motion. Carrying Jaidon's body to the car, telling the driver to go as fast as he could. Daniel crying. Me crying. Jaidon still and unknowing of the chaos he left behind when the bullet entered his stomach.

Somewhere along the ride I decided to call mom and tell her everything. I told her the address and she said that she would meet us there. I don't know how she will take everything but I hope that it isn't too bad.

When we got back to the gang house, the doctor was rushing around and occasionally let a soft sweat escape his mouth. I tried to remain hopeful that my brother would make a recovery but it seems to be the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

I looked over and Daniel was a mess. I probably don't look any better. The events seem to replay in my mind, the gun shots, dad falling, Jaidon falling.

"You might want to look away. I need to perform surgery in order to get the bullet out and that can be messy. I am still not sure if the bullet hit any major organs yet so I need to get in there. If it did, the chances of him surviving are close to none. Not with just me here, I don't have enough experience or equipment for such a complicated procedure," the doctor says, not wanting to give us false hope.

I watch as Daniel slides down the wall and puts his head in between his arms which were gripping his hair tightly. His body is shaking with sobs. He really does love little Jai. I take a deep breath and walk closer.

"I want to help." I tell him. I refuse to show any sign of backing down and after a few seconds the doctor agrees, handing me a pair of gloves and telling me to put together an IV bag.

Out of the corner of my eye, I can see him digging into my brother's stomach, Jai's blood was covering his hands and splattering on the floor and medical table. I have to force myself to remain composed and focused on what I am doing. The doctor tells me how to insert the needle in Jaidon's vein while he continues to work on his stomach.

"The good news is that the bullet didn't hit a main organ and he is healthy so the odds are in his favor. However, he's lost a lot of blood and his body went through a lot of trauma. It is up to him now. It's a waiting game. If he wants to come back then he will fight for it. If he chooses not to fight then he won't make it, like I said, its all up to him. I am just going to clean his wound, stitch him up, wrap it, then give him some morphine. Chances are he is in a lot of pain. Or at least he will be if he wakes up."

I walk over and sit next to Damien. I know that I will be forever grateful for what Jai had done. I also know that nothing will be the same if he doesn't come back to us. I hang my head and wait for the wrath of an angry mother.

Jaidons' POV

I know that I am alive. I can't feel my body and I can't open my eyes, nor can I move. But somehow, I know that I am alive.

I have come to realize that when you are dying, there is no bright light or God waiting for you. It is completely empty. I am not very keen on this so, I am ready for the fight.

Daniels POV

Two days have passed and we have all been playing the waiting game. The twins' mom was very angry and upset that we had lied to her knowing that we were in danger. It took a long time for her to come to terms with what Jai had gotten himself into, but it helped after she saw how much we all cared for Jai.

We allow an hour every day for the gang to come down and visit Jai. The rest of the time it is just the doctor, Damon, his mom and myself down here. Everyone was grateful for what Jai had done and everyone knew that he needed to wake up. We all needed him to wake up. I need him to wake up, living without him would be as painful as tearing my own heart out.

I am sitting at the kitchen silently with Nina, Ace, and Alex. Alex's older brother had not made it back that night. We already had a ceremony for him and it has been hard on everyone especially with Jai unconscious.

Alex had taken it like a champ but you can still see the sadness in his eyes. He told me that he hopes Jai wakes up and that he could use his new friends cheering up. We all could. Nina and Damon aren't any better off than me. Nina cries every  so often and she is hell-bent on revenge. Damon and his mom have refused to leave Jai's side. I sigh and get up to get a water.

"Daniel!" I hear someone yell.

Immediately, I run down to the doctor's room and barge in. The sight makes me fall to my knees. Jai is sitting up and talking like nothing had even happened. When his eyes meet mine I know everything will be okay. I run over to him and kiss him, making up for lost time.

"I love you," I whisper.

"I love you, too. Although, you are crushing me and I just woke up so I don't want to suffocate before I buy you a cat," we all laugh gratefully and full of love.