Part 18

I look down at the scar that had formed on my thigh from the accident with my kidnapping weeks ago, it lies just below the bottom of my shorts and it's a constant reminder that I will always need Daniels help, which I guess is both bad and good. I just don't like the fact that I feel so helpless when I look at it.

It has been a few weeks since I moved in with Daniel and a few days since we got word that my dad was out of prison. We're still not sure how though, whether he got bail or if he escaped. We have come up with numerous plans but none of them seem to be good enough, so right now we are just waiting for a word from him or something to give us the upper hand.

"What are you doing? It's only five in the morning? You can get some more sleep in before training starts," Daniel says as he snakes his arm around my waist, pulling me into him. I put my head on his chest, letting myself be pulled back into his embrace.

We decided that it would be best for Damon and me to start training with the other gang members before and after school and on the weekends. It was slightly excessive, but I know it's because we were behind, just joining the gang and in need of combat skills.

Daniel will also be teaching Damon and me how to shoot a gun and carry one. That also means that we will have to actually start carrying one at all times. Daniel's orders.

"What's on your mind?" Daniel asks when I don't answer.

"Everything really. My dad, training, school, making plans to get the tattoo with Damon," I trail off. I run my fingers across the newest scar on my leg, it's become a mindless act when worrying about the gang. Daniel notices this and grabs my hand, interlacing our fingers together.

"Here's an idea. Why don't you and Damon skip training today and go get those tattoos? That will take one thing off of your plate. Usually, everyone gets this on their upper arm or shoulder blade so we can hide it if need be but can also be visible."

"Maybe you could take us after training? We don't know when something will happen and I don't want to fall even further behind," I ask raising my head to give him a small peck of a kiss.

"We can do that if you want. But I am just warning you it is going to hurt pretty bad," Daniel warns after kissing me back.

"Don't worry. I got this," I reply cockily and Daniel laughs and shakes his head at me. I got this, I repeat to myself a few times before getting up and starting the day.

A few hours later I find myself laying on the grass panting and sore all over. Training is brutal, I feel bad for the people that have been doing this for years-like Daniel. He said that his dad used to run this gang so he grew up in this and has been training all his life.

"How about we call this a day and go get tattoos," I say to Damon, wiping a little bit of sweat off of my forehead.

"Wait seriously!?" He jumps up with an unknown source of energy. The look in his eyes tells me that he is way too excited about this. I never did tell him that I had decided to get it today, he had been waiting for me to get around to it ever since we first discussed it. Damon has always been a fan of tattoos.

"Yeah, but we need showers first. You can use one here then I'll have Daniel take us," I say and Damon automatically runs toward the house. Oh lord.

"Ready?" Daniel asks while we sit in the parking lot of the tattoo shop.

Damon jumps out of the car and starts running towards the entrance, clearly ready. I simply nod and follow Damon, more calmly of course.

Daniel showed the tattoo artist the picture of the tattoo that Damon and I will both be getting on our upper shoulders on the right side, then I follow the tattoo artist-Alisha-into the back.

I didn't tell either of the boys that I was planning on getting two tattoos today.

A lot of needle pricks and 'ow's' later, we finally finish the black and white tattoo with two hands gripping each other with an 'R' on each hand on a ring which stands for Requiem.

When Alisha started on the other tattoo, she had to pause and give me water and a lollipop. It was more painful than the last, she said it was because I already sat through a larger tattoo and it was wearing on me. Eventually, I made it through and studied both tattoos before making my way back to the main part of the shop.

I am officially part of the gang, along with my brother. Speaking of Damon, when I enter the main seething area he is jumping up and down in excitement for his new tattoo, Daniel has to stop him from showing everyone that walked in.

"Hey, what took so long? Damon's been out for a while, I almost went back to look for you," Daniel asks when he sees me.

I pull up my pant leg and let them look at the completed tattoo that is placed across my leg. It is wrapped in a clear plastic like one on both mine and Damon's shoulder.

They both stare at the design for a few moments in silence. It was a phrase saying 'stronger with you' in a pretty cursive font with Damon's initials on one side and Daniel's initials on the other side just below the writing. I got it because if it wasn't for them then there would be no way that I would be able to fight addiction and kidnappings without them.

"I can not believe you got our initials on your body forever... that is so cool. Yeah, but on a serious note that's awesome and I am so glad that I could make a positive change in your life. Not only are we blood brothers but we are gang brothers now too, and I couldn't be happier about that. I love you, little bro," Damon says, shuffling my hair and earning a weird look from me.

"I love you too, but we're twins. There is no older brother here," I say.

"Yeah, but didn't I like pop out first?"

"Damon, mom had a C-section," I deadpan. Daniel bursts out in laughter and pulls me into a hug, ruffling my hair much like Damon has done seconds earlier.

"You're so cute, I love you," I pull back and stare at Daniel whose own eyes were wide in realization, we had never said it before.

All of the times he wakes me to class and held me after a nightmare flash through my head. I think of all the times he kissed me sweetly and all the times he kissed me roughly. It was a perfect balance of love and passion.

"I love you too."