5

Eleven sat between Max and Mike at the lunch table and was sitting the furthest from Lucas. It's not like she didn't like him; she just couldn't forgive him for not caring while the others did. Max and Dustin were reading a big red book, which Eleven assumed had something to do with Dungeons and Dragons, considering she saw a picture of the thessalhydra on the page they were reading. Despite these guys being her friends, she felt like they were purposely not talking to her. Well, Mike wasn't talking to Lucas (because of yesterday night), but he wasn't talking to El either. He was looking glum, stirring around his food, which he never did at home, until that feeling had dissolved as Max said to El, "El, read this with us!" so Dustin had moved over between Max and Eleven, forcing Mike and El to almost be touching, until Mike moved over to the other side of the table, which was quite crowded with all five of them on it. She noticed it, and thought for barely a second he didn't like her, until she realised he moved because he was sitting closer to Lucas and moved to the other side of the table. She was relieved, before finally turning to face the book and not the boy who had just sat before her. When Max turned the page, was when they realised something wasn't right; Eleven's eyes widened and she started shaking. "Demogorgon... Will..." Before Mike, not caring that Lucas would be next to him, sat by her and held her arm. "W-what does that mean?" He asked, petrified. El went back to the way she was when Hopper found her; confused, frightened and couldn't speak in proper sentences. The Demogorgon was, in fact, on the page they were reading. It gave her memories to the night Will went missing.

El had escaped the lab, scared out of her mind. She wanted her freedom, but she needed to stop the Demogorgon before it captured anyone, because they'd suffer a terrible fate. She followed the pale-ish monster to try and stop him; until she saw Will, the boy on a bike. She was scared for him, as the monster stood right before him. He dropped his bike, before running off into the woods; she was being more cautious going into the forest because one accidental stomp on a twig will alert him to follow her and not the boy and she was no use to people if she was dead (yes, I know I took this from what Mike said ;)) because she wouldn't be able to help them. He followed them up to a little brown shed, where the light flickered. She would shout to him, but the Demogorgon would find him quicker. She decided to use her powers on the Demogorgon the moment he appeared, but her plan failed. Instead of the Demogorgon appearing, the poor boy disappeared into thin air. She then ran off to find a place of safety from the devilish monster, and that's how Hopper found her.

El, breaking the silence went back to normal. "I know what happened to Will," El's voice went shaky, "But I cannot tell you here. The mouth breathers will hear." She motioned to the boys who were trying to spy on them; Troy and James. Oh how she hated that duo. But still, she had to deal with them, like normal. Just like the others; but she feared for Mike the most. Maybe it was just because she loved him, maybe it was because of the fact that he cared. Whatever it was, she knew she was going to protect him until the day they die, because she loves and cares for him. And that's all she'll ever feel about Mike Wheeler, the boy who she thought deserved better than to get bullied. The boy who she thought deserved the world, even if he'll never know how she feels.

The five of them sat in Mike's basement, after Eleven told them her story, like how she saw Will and what happened. "Okay, okay so do you know where this creature is?" Lucas asked her. She nodded. "Yes, I do. It's dangerous. I've been there before. But first, I'll have to tell you my full​​​ story. And no, this isn't made up." She told the boys, who were kind of skeptical about her story. "So, when I was born, I was taken from my mother by Papa, Dr Brenner. For 7 years, he kept me there, testing and experimenting, on me, until I escaped," then she inserted the stuff that happened to Will, "then Mr Hopper found me, adopted me and home schooled me up until now." She finished. Telling the story gave her this stabbing pain, because it made her think of all the horrible things he made her do. It may sound silly, but she only told them to help find their friend. Because maybe, just maybe, it'll make them forgive her for not being able to help Will escape from the Demogorgon.