7

It was 2nd period and Eleven sat with the others waiting for Lucas to come over to their table in class, but he didn't arrive. Eleven remembers what happened in first period. The teacher stood at the desk waiting for everyone to look towards the front, and as they did, they saw another girl by the teacher. "This is Sarah, and she will be joining the class." She had short brown hair, glasses and freckles, and wore a Dungeons and Dragons t-shirt with leggings and boots; she looked like the perfect new member for the group, Lucas thought. "Who would like to show her around?" and, straight away, Lucas's hand shot up into the air like a rocket. "Okay Lucas. You will be her tour guide, but you must come to class at the end of the tour. Understood?" Mr Smith sternly told him. "Understood!" Lucas smiled. Max had felt jealous for a moment, as if Lucas loved Sarah and not her. For the whole hour she had her arms crossed, glaring daggers across the room to Sarah, like she wanted her to explode into smithereens, and Eleven did the work for both of them, as it was a group project, which the group of boys and the two girls were doing together.

Eleven tapped her arm and reminded her: "Max, class is over. I'll catch you up with the work at lunch time." Before walking off with Mike. Max went down to the first floor and was going to the A.V. room, the place she'd go to cry during school, only to see something that horrified her. Crying and running off, she went to find Eleven so she could cheer her up after what happened; Eleven had the power to do that, and Max loved her, as a friend, for it. When she found Eleven, she was by herself at her locker, so she ran over and hugged her. They sat on the floor leaning on the lockers and talked about what happened. "You won't believe what I saw in the A.V. club." Max cried. Eleven felt like she knew exactly what she saw, but kept to herself. "I saw Lucas and Sarah kissing." Eleven put her arms around Max, trying to comfort her. Eleven smiled at her and told her, "It will get better Max, but for now, let's ignore the boys. They can get stuffed! After school, you can come to my house and we can eat ice cream and watch comedy movies, okay?" Max stoped crying and linked arms with El. She always knew how to make Max smile, and that was, agreeably, the best power of all.

At lunch, Mike didn't see Max and Eleven at the table, before turning the other way and seeing Max and Eleven sitting on the grass eating their lunch, while talking about the new movie that was released and how they couldn't wait to watch it. He turned around and yelled to the boys "Let's sit with Max and El on the grass!" Dustin and Lucas followed, only to get given death glares from Max and Eleven gave one to Lucas and the two stalked off somewhere else to eat. Mike and Dustin turned to him before shouting in unison "LUCAS WHAT DID YOU DO?" and the two growled angrily at him. "I-I may of kissed Sarah... And Max saw it." He whispered embarrassedly. "What?" Dustin yelled. Max was his crush, even if she did end up in a relationship with Lucas, and to see the boy who beat her to it treating her like that angered him. Mike would feel the same way if it was Eleven.

"Y'know, you can sit at the table. We don't want to be near you." Before they followed the girls to their spot. And, this time, the girls let the two sir as they laughed and joked about, before Lucas, unknowingly, had a spoonful of mashed potato thrown at him by Max. "That's what you get for kissing someone else!" Before he turned and threw his spaghetti at Max, instead getting it all over El. Mike, angrily, grabbed a bunch of chips and threw them at Lucas, before Max did the same to Sarah. That is how the five of them were stuck in detention, with the girl who broke their friendship; Sarah.

She sat a seat across from Max. Max looked away, not wanting to see the face of the boyfriend-stealer. Lucas sat next to Max, only for Max and Eleven to go and sit all the way at the other side of the class room and Mike and Dustin sat in front of them. They wouldn't even give Lucas a chance to explain; or Sarah. But Max looked at Lucas like she did at Sarah in first period; a look that was full of sadness, anger and that's when he realised he had hurt her very much. But he wouldn't show it, even if he did care about it because showing sadness to him was like admitting defeat. And there is no way he is surrendering for the beautiful freckled, ginger girl.