17

When the final song started, Mike and El came back inside. They saw Iza and Lucas having a dance battle with some boys in their class, they saw Dustin and Max talking over by the bleachers and they also saw Will and Jennifer together. As all their friends were busy, they just went over to get some punch and went back to the table. They talked for a while about hopes, wishes and other things and when the final song ended, they actually just wanted to sit and talk forever.

Dustin and Max were still speaking and Lucas and Eliza were protesting for one last song. El rolled her eyes playfully before going "Well, I guess they want to stay here too." Will and Jennifer were walking over hand in hand. Jennifer was coming back to Mike's too so they were fine with going. When the DJ said no to another song, Iza and Lucas almost cried. They looked sad; heads hanging, arms dangling and feet barely moving as they walked. When the six of them were together, they had to interrupt Max and Dustin, even though they didn't want to. The eight then set off for Mike's house. Max had to ride on the back of Dustin's bike because her outfit prevented her from skating. Mike and El rode together as always, just like Iza and Lucas and Jennifer held the hanging skirt of her dress so the mud didn't get on it and off they went, whizzing down the path to the houses. Will clung onto his bike handles just a little tighter when they passed Mirkwood.

The eight of them walked into Mike's house like it was no one's business and Mike quickly went into the kitchen to get the food they were going to eat while watching the movies. El's smile became bigger when she saw he had Eggos and felt special when Mike said he cut them into Halloween shapes and they were only for her. So while everyone sat and watched, El sat on Mike's lap, eating Eggos and whispering to Mike because whenever she talked even a slight bit louder, Max would turn, face her with a mouth full of food and tell her to shut up. She'd say she loved him, she'd say thanks for the Eggos and she'd say stuff like that whenever she spoke to him.

The seating plan was that Iza and Lucas sitting on the floor under a blanket by the food table, Max and Dustin sat right in front of the TV with the table next to them. They told everyone to go on the other side so they wouldn't have to walk in front of the TV to get snacks and Mike and El were huddled together on the other sofa under Mike's softest, cleanest blanket. What could he say? Only the best for his girl. Mike and El just shared the Eggos while they cuddled under the blanket and whispering to each other, Will and Jennifer just lay together on the floor watching the movie. Iza and Lucas were just cuddling and not really watching it and Max and Dustin were too engrossed in the food and movies and didn't even look away at the squeamish murders and blood and stuff.

When they had watched all the horror movies they could, Max was sleeping, half-way hanging off the sofa, Dustin had fallen off already and woke up Iza who now just couldn't sleep. El was still awake but cuddled into Mike who was awake too. Will and Jennifer fell asleep only a few minutes ago. Lucas was asleep and had his arms around Iza so she just talked to Mike and El because they were the only other ones awake. Iza was lying down awkwardly. She was trying to get out of his arms to have some food but he wouldn't let go so she just rolled over and got food and he was whining. Eventually he accidentally woke them all up so they just talked about the D&D game they planned for later that day. The time at that moment was 2:17 AM.W When they all fell asleep, it must have been around 4 AM.

When they woke up again, Mike's mom called them to the kitchen for breakfast. There were no more Eggos left because Mike and El ate them all, so she was sad. Mike grabbed her hand and promised he'd buy her some later. That made her cheer up. a bit. Mike and El had pancakes, Max had Lucky Charms, Dustin and Lucas pigged out on the snacks they hadn't eaten and Will and Jennifer had fruit salad. When they all finished, they got ready and went for a bike ride. Because Mike had decided El's birthday was the 7th of November because that was the day they found her, he had an idea to buy her a bike as a present because she loved bike rides with him. They started at Mike's house and rode through Mirkwood, past the general store, the hospital and the police station before arriving at the park. Will felt a bit tense going through Mirkwood because he was afraid the Demogorgon would come back. Mike told El when they got there that he was going somewhere. He told her to stay there, so she tried her hardest to get distracted but when she saw Mike she ran right over, took the Eggos he got her and threw her arms around his neck. He put his around her back and they hugged. "Thanks Mike. You always keep your promises." He was satisfied that she said that because that showed she remembered his promises, just like he did. He loved having his arms around her it made him feel good inside.