9

After school, Mike had invited El, Max, Dustin, Lucas and Sarah over to his house. He planned to do a few activities with her before he would ask her out, though, because he didn't want to sound desperate for a girlfriend; even though he was. El came in a casual outfit, which consisted of the jumper Mike had, which he gave to El, her Vans and some leggings, while Dustin and Lucas dressed up and Max wore a green and yellow top and jeans with flats and Sarah wore a dress that was blue with a gold trim.

First, the six of them watched their favourite movie, but Mike wasn't watching; he was staring at El like she was a masterpiece. Max was probably the most interested in this movie as her eyes did not move from the TV until the movie credits started rolling and Dustin was almost as engrossed as her, but he kept occasionally turning and looking at her. He had his arm around her, while Sarah sat in Lucas's lap and paid literally NO attention to the movie and was just looking at Lucas, even though he hardly payed any attention to her and was just watching the movie. El had her head in Mike's lap and was looking at the screen but wasn't watching and was just thinking about Mike (and maybe a little bit about kissing him!). Mike was thinking about how El looked so different to how she did only two weeks ago.

Her hair was now almost shoulder length and was in a cute little plait, but she still had that pretty face and the soft brown eyes that he fell in love with and he had noticed that El was sort of spacing out, like she was daydreaming but looking at the TV, almost like she was asleep with her eyes open. Mike thought it would be weird if someone else did it but not when El did it; it was more like El was making everything cute when she did it. Then they played a funny game where one person had to wear a blindfold and would try to guess who's hand they were holding and it was really funny to the person who had to guess because Lucas was like "hmm... Is this El?" Which made El laugh because it was Mike and he had super soft hands and Mike playfully tapped her on the cheek and El laughed.

Then they played Spin The Bottle with a twist where everyone had to wear a blindfold(I don't know or care if they played it back then I'm using it) and El knew what to do so she'd be able to kiss Mike. First went Dustin and it landed on Lucas! Lucas and Dustin cringed and Lucas actually just locked himself in the closet for the 20 seconds they had to kiss the person it landed on. When it went to El, she appeared in the black world thing and saw the boys and the girls sat around her. She took off the blindfold (no one knew, but she did it and used her powers for it to land on Mike. She wiped away the blood from her nose, put the blindfold back on and El said to take them off and it was on Mike, which she planned all along, and he blushed. Being pushed into the closet and locked in from the outside by Max, he stood in front of El, grabbed her hands and pulled her close and kissed her until Max shouted "COME ON OUT LOVE BIRDS!" and Mike grabbed El's hand again before saying "I love you. Will you be my girlfriend?" El kissed him again quickly but sweetly, said "yes!" And they walked out holding hands.

Mike's Mom allowed Dustin, Max and El sleep over because she thought that Mike and Dustin wouldn't be with the girls, but they were. Max already brought her pajamas because she knew that they'd probably have a sleepover but Mike let El wear an old sweater and pajama bottoms of Nancy's, so she wouldn't have to keep wearing and taking Mike's clothes, even if they were old clothes. Dustin and Max slept on the floor underneath a blanket Mike brought down and Mike and El slept in El's fort thingy. She fell asleep to his heartbeat with her head on Mike's chest. And Mike knew the second she kissed him and said yes that it was the best day ever.