OMEN

"That cut doesn't look too bad actually," Zelda said to Link as she touched her fingers to his forehead.

He sat in the dirt atop a mountain- Zelda kneeling beside him- with dozens of foes ranging in all shapes and sizes laying dead at their feet. Death Mountain oozed lava in the distance.

"You're fine for now," she continued, "but you know, there's a fine line between courage and recklessness. As brave as you are, that does not make you immortal."

Was she beginning to care about his fate, Link wondered? Did she actually care about what happened to him?

Zelda turned and looked at the fallen enemies. It looked like a war zone, except it had been dozens against only one. And the mere one had prevailed. Link. How courageous he was in the face of danger. It was one of the many things she admired about him.

She lowered herself into the dirt beside him. "It seems that not only is the frequency of these types of attacks on the rise, but the scale of the beasts we are facing is intensifying as well."

"You're right," Link agreed, seeing the worry on her face. "What do you think it means?"

She brought a hand to her chest and rested it there lightly. "I fear that... I fear that this is an omen which portends the return of Calamity Ganon." She stood and swiped the dust from the seat of her pants and looked down at Link. "If that's the case, I'm ready to expect the worst."

"Expect the worst and hope for the best."

She nodded. "We'll need to make preparations as soon as possible."

Link stood and they began their way down the mountain.