BOUND

That night, in a hut in Kakariko Village, Zelda shared not only her soul with Link, but also a bed. They were both pleased to discover how flawlessly they fit together, and made no haste as the night bled into the earliest hours of the morning.

After some time, Zelda slipped out of bed and quickly donned Link's Champion tunic, then turned on the lantern on the bedside table. He watched her, mesmerized by how her body moved in his tunic, as she walked to the faucet and filled a mug with water. He tilted his head skyward and ran his hands over his face.

"Your father is going to banish me from Hyrule," Link moaned from behind his hands.

"He won't," Zelda disagreed with a light chuckle. "I believe he'll approve actually. He's always spoken very highly of you."

He looked at her doubtfully. "That was before he knew that I loved his daughter."

"I cannot think of a single person he would find to be a better suitor than you." She smiled softly and padded back to the bed, gently setting the mug on the night table beside the lantern.

"I will tell him."

"We'll tell him together." Her countenance suddenly turned somber. "But it must be postponed until this business with Calamity Ganon has been laid to rest. My father was so upset last time I spoke to him. I don't want to amplify the tension that already surrounds us. For now, it's best if we keep this between ourselves."

Link opened his arms to her and she went to him. He pulled her in close, her back to his chest and placed a tender kiss in the crook of her neck. She relaxed into his warm embrace. The flame danced within the glass confine of the lantern.

"We have taken every precaution," he reminded her. "We have the Divine Beasts, the Champions, the Guardians-"

"But what of the sealing power?"

"There is still time," he murmured reassuringly. "Besides, I will be by your side to protect you. Always."