ADVICE

They rode side by side, their horses walking slowly along the path. It was exceptionally windy today, but the sun was strong with no rain clouds threatening.

"'Be sure to take the time to soothe your mount. That's the only way it will know how you truly feel,'" Zelda quoted as she rubbed a hand gently along her horse's mane. Then she gazed at Link. "Your advice was quite helpful, thank you. This little one and I are getting along quite well now."

"It's probably all the royal gear you've outfitted him in," Link quipped.

She grinned at him. "At first, I wasn't sure if I should have. I thought, maybe he should have to earn it first. But it works. He wears it like a true natural." Link laughed and Zelda rolled her eyes. "I'm trying to be a bit more empathetic. Benefit of the doubt, you know?"

"If you insist."

Ahead was Safula Hill. The sun was setting beyond it, illuminating the horse monument atop the hill. Once there, Zelda walked to the balcony and looked straight ahead into the distance.

"See that mountain?" She asked Link who stood beside her.

Link nodded. "I see it."

"That's Mt. Lanayru. It takes its name from the Goddess of Wisdom. Lanayru's decree is very specific. It says: 'No one is allowed under the age of twenty-one. For only the wise are permitted a place upon the mountain.' I've prayed at the Spring of Courage and at the Spring of Power, yet neither awoke anything inside me. But maybe up there..."

"Maybe the Spring of Wisdom will be the one," he said, sounding like it was really no question at all.

"To be honest, I have no real reason to think that will be the case. But there's always a chance that the next moment will change everything. Tomorrow... is my twenty-first birthday." She turned, looking to Link with sad and almost scared eyes. "So then I shall go and make my way up the mountain."