HEALED

Divine Beast Vah Ruta stood silently in East Reservoir Lake. The water was calm around its feet now as Mipha commanded Vah Ruta to raise its great trunk on which they now sat. The sun was sinking to the West, casting shadows on Zora's Domain in the distance.

Mipha's hand glowed white as she held it over the fresh wound on Link's forearm.

"I was thinking," she began softly. "This reminds me of the time we first met."

"How so?" Link asked.

She smiled fondly. "You were just a reckless child, always getting yourself hurt at every turn. Every time, I would heal you. Just as I'm doing right now. I thought it was funny how, being a Hylian, you looked grown up so much faster than I did. I was... I was always willing to heal your wounds. Even back then."

Link raised his eyes to hers as she gazed warmly at him. He gave her a friendly smile, not sure what to say. He looked back to his arm where the wound suddenly vanished. He turned his arm over, still amazed to this day of her power to heal.

"Thanks, Mipha," he finally said.

She nodded, then looked across the lake, hands folded in her lap. "So if this Calamity Ganon does, in fact, return, what can we really do? We just don't seem to know much about what we'll be up against. But know this. That no matter how difficult this battle might get, if you- if anyone ever tries to do you harm, then I will heal you. No matter when or how bad the wound. I hope you know that I will always protect you."

"Yeah, I know," he mumbled. "But I'll be fine. We all will."

"Once this whole thing is over, maybe things can go back to how they used to be when we were young," she said hopefully. "You know. Perhaps we could spend some time together."

Link shifted uncomfortably. They had known each other since they were children and had always been close, but he felt as if she wanted an intimacy he couldn't return. He wondered idly if he should tell her this- or tell her about his growing closeness with Princess Zelda- but thought against it. Mipha was only trying to give him comfort. He would feel guilty if he upset her now. So he gave her a mollifying smile and agreed, feeling guilty none the less because he felt as if he was giving her false hope.