Chapter 8- The Storm

"I'm going to get you back, ya know." I said with a smile as I heard the door open. I had my eyes closed and I had still been leaning against the bed with my wrist above me.

Shadow had hardly made any noise as he approached, even with the combat boots he wore. "I'm sure," he laughed.

He knelt next to me and I heard the handcuffs click as he inserted the key. The pressure lifted as he took the cuff off of my wrist. Now my hand was asleep, perfect.

Shadow took both of my hands and pulled me up. I felt weightless for a moment until my feet flattened against the floor and I was able to stand. He leaned down to kiss me and I closed my eyes again.

My ankle wrapped around his and I tugged harshly. He fell back, on his back with a whoof! as the wind was knocked out of him.

I crossed my arms and glared down at him. "You really think you deserve a kiss after that?"

He laughed and sat up tenderly. "I suppose I deserve that."

"You suppose," I mocked with a roll of my eyes.

My wrist felt like it was pounding as the blood rushed back to it. He kind of put it on a little tight. My wrists were pretty small though so when he cuffed them, his hand might've slipped when the cuff didn't stop when he expected it to. Either way, doesn't excuse the fact that he handcuffed me at all. Damn police. FBI, or whatever.

He rubbed the back of his head and looked up at me with a smile. "It's kind of refreshing having a woman around who can kick my ass," he said with a smirk.

I smiled back. "It's not as fun when a girl can't protect herself when a guy like you makes a move."

"What do you mean, 'when a guy like me makes a move'?" He asked, narrowing his eyes.

I threw a pillow at him. "Get out so I can change."

"I'm starting to regret taking the handcuffs off," he muttered as he stood up and put the pillow back on the bed.

"You're gonna regret ever putting them on, actually," I warned as I dug through my bag for some clothes. The corners of my mouth tugged into a small smile as I heard him groan and close the door. I pulled out a tight red, low cut tube top and black skinny jeans. I quickly changed into them and then laced up my combat boots.

It was sunny outside now. I went over to the window, my boots making soft thuds as they hit the wood floor, and lifted the window open. A soft breeze drifted in and stuck my head out, letting out a loud whistle, then counted in my head,

1...

2...

3..

Red eyes appeared in the brush across the street and I waved Danny over. Without waiting for a reply, I pulled myself back inside and brushed my hair. I picked up the sweats and the T-shirt Shadow let me borrow. I left my bag at the foot of the bed and then opened the door, going across the hallway to Shadow's door and knocked.

I heard a crash and a, "OW!" afterwards. Shadow must've tripped on something. I stared at the Linkin Park logo on his shirt and wondered what his favorite by them was. I knew more of their more popular songs like In The End, or Castle of Glass, and Burn It Down. I really liked Hit the Floor though, I don't know if it was that popular though. Probably not.

(I actually know ALL of their songs, but I'd rather not bore you with my little obsession.... :3)

Shadow finally opened the door, snapping me out of my thoughts. He had changed from his pajamas, which consisted of a random shirt and grey pajama pants, into a grey undershirt and red unbuttoned flannel. He had normal blue bootcut jeans, which had been tucked into his boots. His hair looked disheveled for some reason though.