Chapter 21- Something to Consider

Amy's POV-

Shadow got bit by a Diren. He's going to turn into one.

What am I going to do?

Shadow was on his knees, clutching his wrist where the woman had got him. One of the major arteries, so the venom would spread fast. His jet black hair with red streaks fell into his eyes as he hung his head. His breathing had slowed too.

I slowly knelt beside him. Partly because of caution and partly because I was so stunned. Tears brimmed my eyes, but refused to fall. I just can't stop thinking, What am I going to do?!

Biting my lip, I gently lifted his head with my fingers. His eyes weren't as bright, they were almost dimmer, and his jaw was clenched in pain. "Shadow," I whimpered.

He leaned his forehead against mine, staring me in the eyes. "It hurts," he whispered.

"Well it's not going to feel good," I heard Anthony say behind me.

Shadow and I ignored his comment. I looked up at Anthony with pleading eyes. "Is there any way we can help him?"

He shook his head slowly. "It's too late to suck the venom out. If I tried, it would probably kill him faster."

"Amy," Shadow got my attention. "Stop biting your lip, your hurting yourself."

I did as he said, realizing it was painful. I lifted my fingers to my lip and when I took them away there was blood.

"Amy, everything will be okay," Shadow said softly. If sounded like it was difficult for him to talk.

I wiped some tears away and looked back at Anthony. "Can you help me get him on the bed?"

He nodded and we both lifted him up onto the bed, sitting up against the wall. "What were you doing?" I whispered while shaking my head.

"The Rytica had some after affects, he came to get me so that I could help you. He even saved my life in the process," Anthony answered quietly. Shadow gave me a small smile in confirmation.

He risked this to save my life?

"Shadow I-" I choked. "I don't know what to say. I can't even wrap my head around this." I took his hand and held it tightly.

He shrugged and rubbed his eyes tiredly. "Neither can I."

I turned around when Anthony set a hand in my shoulder. He leaned down and whispered so that only I could hear, "He should be gone by now."

My brow furrowed in confusion. I thought quietly for a minute and when I heard Shadow say, "I don't feel any different," it occurred to me.

Shadow's the Ultimate Lifeform.

Diren venom doesn't affect him, because of his Choas energy.

"It's because you are fine," I said. I stood up and wiped my eyes, then turned to Anthony. "Looks like the Council has someone else to fear."

"Indeed," he agreed solemnly.

Shadow stood up. "Wait, so I'm like Amy? The venom doesn't hurt me?"

"Well it obviously hurts you, as in giving you pain. But, yes. The venom won't turn you into a Diren," Anthony answered.

I turned my back to all of them and crossed my arms, feeling anger bubble up inside of me. Why did he do that without telling me?!

There was an apprehensive silence in the room. "Um. Guys, could you give us a moment?" Shadow asked Rouge and Anthony.

"Anthony, I can introduce you to the others," I heard Rouge offer.

"Sure," he replied. "Might I ask your name?"

"Rouge."

Then the door clicked shut.

"Amy?" Shadow asked softly, placing his hand on my shoulder.

I spun on him, shoving his hand away. "What. the. Fuck, Shadow!" I screamed at him.

"First," he started, "you really want everyone else to hear you?"

No. Damn sometimes I hate when he has a point. I sighed, my expression softening, waiting for him to continue explaining.

"Roza, you were dying. I had to do something."

"Well, great. Thanks for saving my life," I said slightly sarcastic. "You couldn't do that without letting me know?"

"You were sick," he replied. "I didn't want to worry you, that wouldn't have helped."

"Yeah, because having a living nightmare of you nearly dying helps," I muttered, crossing my arms.

He threw his arms up in exasperation. "What am I supposed to do, Amy?! My life means nothing without you!" he snapped.

I caught my breath. He doesn't usually yell. He's too patient. I sighed and shook my head, avoiding his gaze. "And what about me?" I whispered.

"What?"

"Have you considered how I would feel if I had to live without you?" I whispered, looking up into his red eyes.

Shadow's POV-

I was stunned by her question. The truth was, I hadn't. I know she loves me back, but it just always seemed to me that she never really knew how much I care about her.

But she has a lot of people that care about her. And she could always fall in love with another guy.

Couldn't she?

When I didn't answer she sighed and said softly, "Think about it." Then she turned around and left.

Okay, it's short. Sorry, it's a good spot to stop. Anyway sorry I didn't update for so long I was in Florida for vacation. More updates soon though. Thanks for reading! Vote and Comment!