Chapter 15- Pain!

(I listened to Three Days Grace's, "Pain" on repeat for a good amount of writing this. It seemed fitting, and it helped to try and use better descriptions than the word, "pain." Enjoy my rather dark imagination...)

Fangs pierced his skin, and I screamed.

I jolted awake, covered in sweat. But I felt cold. My arms were suspended above me with my wrists locked in cuffs. I looked down, no wonder I'm cold, the only thing I have covering me is a metal sports bra looking thing and metal underwear thing. Well, at least the important parts were covered. I definitely didn't need some Diren staring at my ass. But why were they metal?

The cuffs were holding me up into the air, making my wrists and shoulders ache from holding my own weight. I took hold of the chains and pulled up to try and alleviate the pain. It only helped to make it worse so I just let myself hang here. Pain shot up my neck as I let myself back down, making me whimper. Whatever the fuck that rod thing was that Anthony used on me, it hurts!

There was a dim light above me, alluminating myself and a little ring around me, but everything else was pitch black. What did the Diren want from me now? Surely they only wanted me dead.

A figure appeared from out of the surrounding darkness. It was a Diren I recognized as Anthony. "Hunter Rose," he said as his face came into the light. "You're awake."

"Shall I give you an award for stating the obvious, Mr. Sherlock? It's an amazing feat for you," I spat at him.

He held that rod thing up. "And fired up already as well," he said, almost as if talking to himself. "Do you know what this is?" He asked as he gestured to the rod.

I stared at it blankly. It had a leather handle where he held it, the rest just looked like a polished purple stick. My wrists hurt like crazy, I couldn't really focus.

Anthony glanced up at my wrists above me, locked in the cuffs that held me in the air in front of him. His eyes came back to mine and he answered his own question, "It's a Rytica." He smiled evily up at me. "It can cause great pain once touched to a person's flesh."

(The "y" in Rytica is prounounced like an "i")

A shiver ran through my body. Well that thing's purpose was clear. Torture. But, what did the Diren want so bad that they would need to torture it out of me?

Anthony sighed as he twirled the Rytica in his fingers. "I know you've already felt it's touch. So, you know how painful it is. There are two things, that the Council wants of you," he said as he looked up at me. I guess he wanted some type of reaction. But all he got was a blank stare.

"They want to know the name of the Profeta. And they want you to swear allegiance to them," he said.

My body went rigid. Well, the fact that they don't know who the Profeta is, is a good thing. But I'm the Profeta, and they want me to swear allegiance to them. BAD! Very, very bad. And I don't know how long I can stand torture with that Rytica.

But I couldn't just give them what they wanted. Because if I did swear allegiance to them anyway, they'd probably turn me into a Diren. Unless that affected my powers for some reason. Hmm.  Maybe I can get answers out of him.

"What do you want with the Profeta?" I whispered fearfully. If I sounded angry I wouldn't get it out of him, duh.

The Diren paused, thinking for a moment. "So you know who it is?"

Shit. Not what I wanted. Um, think, Amy. A simple, 'no' won't sastify him. "I know stories. Legends that my mentor told me," I answered after an almost unnoticeable pause.