Elvis Has Left the Building (Ep. 20)

Why have I added the picture above? No particular reason

Why have I added the picture above? No particular reason. Camryn (Mariah) is just so damn beautiful ;-D

Episode Twenty -- Elvis Has Left the Building

Upon awakening in an unfamiliar bed the first thing she notices is that someone's front is pressed to her back and their arms are around her. More than anything she wishes those arms belonged to Tessa, but that would never again be possible. She couldn't imagine them having the opportunity to spoon in the future. Tessa would spoon with Noah while she...well, she didn't have a significant other to fall asleep and spoon with and in this moment doubts she ever will. I'm probably going to grow old alone and be the owner of fourteen cats. When I die I'll become a kitty buffet until neighbors detect the odor.

Mariah tries telling herself not to feel so down in the dumps. It's Sunday which means she has the day off and if the bright light spilling through the blinds is any indication the sun might have come out to play in order to warm the snowy town. She acknowledges that she doesn't feel bad. True after she and Abby polished off the majority of the tequila she is now the not so proud owner of a hangover, but flu wise she does feel better.

Bladder gaining her attention Mariah tosses off the covers, removes Abby's arm from her person and in slow motion attempts to escape the bed without her snoring cuddle buddy being the wiser. Successful, she hightails it to the bathroom, freshening up after taking care of the most vital business.

Bathroom exited she glances toward the bed where Abby remains sleeping, tangled blonde locks half covering her face. She slept at Abby Newman's house. She slept in Abby Newman's bed--with Abby Newman. If someone had told her this would happen Mariah would've responded that they were crazy and possibly presented them with her middle finger. Strangely, she enjoyed the usually obnoxious (at least in her opinion) woman's company. However, that could've had something to do with the alcohol.

No. She shakes her head while leaving the bedroom. Abby had been pretty cool company last night regardless of the tequila. Guilt strikes her as she walks down the stairs. First she indulged in a brief affair with her brother's girlfriend and now she had just spent the night with the woman who had a brief affair with her mother's boyfriend. Mariah shakes her head anew. I must be insanely screwed up.

Once downstairs she scans the living room in search of her pants and shirt. Why? Following a few rounds of tequila shots their evening together escalated into crazy territory when Abby dared her to perform a striptease, promising that she would go next. Immediately agreeing, Mariah grabbed her phone from her jacket pocket and scrolled through a playlist labeled 'lyrical naughtiness', tapping the play button to select the song Pony by Ginuwine.

Shirt found underneath the recliner and pants next to the fireplace, Mariah dresses then grabs her shoes, which she remembers kicking off next to the coffee table. Jacket slipped on and phone retrieved she ponders leaving Abby a note then decides to text her later instead. Walking to the front door she unlocks and opens it a gasp soaring from her mouth. The gasps has nothing to do with the frigid air and everything to do with the young woman standing there staring back at her.