On Cloud Nine (Ep. 15)

H A P P Y N E W Y E A R S ! ! !

Episode Fifteen -- On Cloud Nine

She wants to pull away.

No.

No, that isn't entirely true. She doesn't truly desire to pull away, but that little voice named common sense is busy tapping on her shoulder while talking a mile a minute, listing all the reasons this moment should cease with her exiting Tessa's bedroom for the remainder of the night. However, Mariah isn't in the mood to heed its words of wisdom. Deep down she comprehends that she should, but those lips are too soft, that tongue engaging her own is too seductive, the lithe body flush against hers is too warm and the fingers that just thread through her hair have caused her body to hum.

Slow to realize her fingertips are stroking along Tessa's sides through that stark white shirt, she sways into her as though they're dancing, heavy breathing and occasional moans their only music. The San Francisco kiss she severed it, but this time Tessa is the first to end contact. For a moment Mariah is a contradicting mix of chagrined and relieved thinking Tessa has chosen to listen to her common sense, however, when soft lips begin delivering kisses along her jawline it occurs to her this isn't over.

Fingers remaining in her hair, those lips revisit her neck, parting to suck a bit of flesh within, the tip of a tongue painting. Clutching Tessa like she is a life preserver, Mariah's moans intensify, her eyes half-lidded. "Tessa," she breathlessly says.

A quick kiss placed on her lips Tessa removes the right hand from Mariah's hair in order to use its thumb to stroke her bottom lip. "Yes, sweetheart?"

Oh God. Even the lower register she is speaking in has Mariah's body humming. Despite the husky tone that little voice snatches control of her voice box. "We can't do this."

That thumb remains stroking. "Yes, we can."

"We shouldn't."

As they make eye contact the thumb pauses. "Probably not, but I need you, Mariah. I won't stop, I can't stop unless you walk out and if you try," both hands drop to her sides, "I won't stop you this time. Promise. But if you remain in this room," leaning into Mariah she rests her forehead against hers, shuts her eyes and heatedly whispers, "I'm not stopping until I explore every part of you and you scream my name."

Their eyes meeting Mariah pulls in a sharp breath. That's it. Common sense has enough sense to know when it has been bested. Therefore, it turns and walks out with no one bothering to stop it. Hand trembling just the slightest bit Mariah grabs the end of Tessa's tie while they continue staring at one another. "Prove it." She thinks Tessa may have grinned, but her mouth is upon hers so swiftly she can't be certain. When that seductive tongue flicks hers, coaxing it into play she ceases wondering about it.

In that hotel room it doesn't feel like winter is right around the corner because surely steam must be rising from her body by the time Tessa stops kissing her, nudging her backward until her back makes contact with a wall. Mariah thinks she might have temporarily forgotten how to correctly breathe, but anticipating Tessa's next move she doesn't much care. Hands braced against the wall on either side of her head, attentive eyes travel the length of her body inevitably causing her to squirm while her chest rapidly rises and falls. Once again her lungs pause operation when the sweetest mouth parts.

"Your clothes are in my way."

Velvet whisper. Those are the words to immediately spring to mind to describe the sound of Tessa's voice when she succinctly explains her dilemma. Mariah bites down on her lower lip. Oh, damn... How can she be so aroused when they have barely begun?