Helpless

Maria's POV:

I was lead to a girl in a yellow romper, who was now looking at me. At first I didn't see her face until I shook her hand. Her eyes... So caring, friendly, different.... "I'm Peggy. Peggy Schuyler," she said, grinning. She looked into my eyes, and I got a bit lost in them. "And you are?" she said for the second time, giggling as I snapped back to focus. "Oh, sorry. I'm Maria. Maria Reynolds." Peggy smile meekly and filled me in on my classes, which were scheduled to be with her, due to the fact she was my tour guide. She filled me in on some recreational activities, clubs, events, then she found two lockers side by side, checked that no one had taken them then neatly sorted my books in mine, before doing her own. She was so helpful and selfless, while I was Helpless. "Where do you live, if that's not too nosy of me to be asking," she whispered quietly to me as we walked through the halls. "Oh, not at all. I live  near the Koi Pond Gardens. They're about a 5 minute walk from there. I mostly live alone though, my dad's leaving in a few weeks time. It's been hard on him losing my mum and all." Out of nowhere, Peggy stops and puts her arms around me squeezing me tightly into a hug, in the middle of the hallway. She looks up teary eyed and whispers, "I'm so sorry." When she was just about to let go I squeeze her tight as well, and we step into the classroom, and sit at the front. I take out my journal for English, and start to doodle. She's got me so Helpless.

Sorry if this was short as well, but don't worry, I'll be sure to update!!!