Helpless Best Friends

Peggy's POV

Maria had been scribbling notes and doodles down in her notebook during English class, which I was curious about wanting to know what she could be scribbling down that seemed as though she was writing like she was running out of time. Curiosity is a funny thing for me because once I'm curious I don't stop thinking about it.... But there was something else I was thinking about....Someone else.... She had me helpless. She would look up at the teacher and the board every once in a while, to smile and flick her dark luscious curls back, showing her face a bit, just enough so I could see her smile then look straight back down to her notebook. We were learning poetry, but now it was time to write down some poems. Mrs. Washington said that as long as we conversed quietly, we could talk and inspire each other to make poems. I turned to Maria, to ask her for some ideas, and then maybe to give some ideas myself....

Maria's POV

During class all I could do was doodle and write, I wrote adjectives, describing one person: Peggy Schuyler. She then went to me to talk about poems, and tried to spark some ideas, I thought friendship or something more... but then again, I doubt she ever would feel the same way. "How about we both write about each other, or friendship, if we're friends...." she started to whisper. Without hesitation I jump at it and yelp, "Of course we are friends! Why wouldn't we be, you are so sweet, king, nurturing, brave, beautiful, selfless...." Her eyes glimmered with happiness and she grabbed my hand and put it close to her heart, "Best of Friends."