Healing (Part 1)

Maria's POV

It's been a few months, and Peggy seems to be a bit better. I still try to keep my space, not wanting to cause her fright, but instead, to give her more time to open up about certain things going on in her head that she wants to let out. I can touch her every so often, a little massage occasionally, and kisses, but always needed to be consented, which I never mind. We pushed off the wedding a bit, giving us more time to plan,  learning to grow, and overcome. It's been tough, but it's gotten so much better. I wake up on my normal Monday morning, to find that Peggy wasn't  in bed. I look around, heading to the bathroom, where I suspected she'd be, but instead of taking deep breaths, from possibly waking up from a bad dream, or panic attack, she's taking a relaxing bath, like we used to. I smile, standing by the door, watching her breathing steadily, and I quietly walk over. "Hey baby," she says, not even opening her eyes. "Hi," I respond, letting her take my hand, and she brought me in, closer to the tub. "Can you... can you stay with me?" Peggy whispers, kissing my hand gently. "O-Of course I will," I stutter, sitting at the foot of the bath, rubbing soothing circles on the back of her hand. She grabs my hand again, this time muttering quietly, "No... with me, in the bath."