Space

Maria's Pov:

I try to give Pegs as much space as possible, while still being the most loving girlfriend/fiancee I could be. It was definitely difficult, to stop me from wrapped her up in my arms, but I was patient, and let her go at her own pace. One night I am woken up by Peggy crying next to me in bed. She realizes she woke me, and apologizes, telling me she's fine and that I should go back to sleep. I don't go back to sleep though, just in case I would need to be awake for something. It turns out I was right. Peggy started crying again, and I couldn't help myself, and wrapped her in a warm hug, kissing her soft, warm cheeks. Startled she turns around and starts kissing me in turn, now only realizing I had been awake this whole time. I get up, carrying my poor Peggles bridal style, and plop her down on the couch, her head lying in my lap. I turn on the TV, and we start to watch some disney movies. Eventually she is snuggled against me, no longer bawling, asleep. I didn't ask her why she was crying, I needed to give her space. Space.

Peggy's Pov:

I had been crying, thinking I wouldn't wake Maria up again, but I was wrong. She wrapped her strong warm arms around me, pecking me on the cheek. I kissed her back. I am lucky to have such an understanding girlfriend. She knows when I need my space, and when I need my disney movies. She didn't ask questions, she gave me space to let me gather all my thoughts. Space.