doors

❝ I don't know, But I sure know I won't let anything happen to you

❝ I don't know,
But I sure know
I won't let anything
happen to you. ❞

xi. DOORS

╳╳╳

STANDING IN THE MIDDLE OF a solid pearl white hallway where the only ounce of color are the two azure blue stripes on the opposite sides of the vacant area, Cally wakes up. Her eyes popping open exposing the harsh light making her pupils suddenly dilate. Blinking rapidly, Cally's gaze is locked on the door at the end of the hall. A small panel under the glass window reads:

CONTROL ROOM: ONLY CLASSIFIED PERSONNEL ALLOWED PAST THIS POINT.

Temped, Cally tries to take a step forward. Only to be stopped by the stiff muscles in her legs. Unable to move closer as if her legs have sunk into wet asphalt. Panic rises inside her chest, consuming her mind along with the looming question that feels as if it's resting behind her eyes; What is behind that door?

"Cal, come on. We can find out later." A high pitched voice of a young boy whispers behind her. But she is still unable to move. A moment of silence passes before a hand lands on her right shoulder. "We need to go."

"But—" The small voice that comes from her mouth doesn't sound like her own. But still somewhat similar, like a younger version of herself is speaking or has somehow taken over her body.

Finally moving, but uncontrollably. Cally twists herself around so that she is now face to face with the boy that holds the voice. She's correct, he does look young, too immature looking to be 16 and too short to be also.

Standing a foot away, she is allowed to take in the boy's appearance. His piercing blue eyes is the first thing she notices, they stand out from his snowy whites of his eyes. Black hair comes almost down over them, but he has it where it stays in place over his eyebrows.

Even at such a young age, Cally can make out the faint creases beside his mouth. From the corners of his button nose and almost to his chin are laugh lines. Probably from always smiling, she assumes her assumption is correct because of the small grin that's plastered on his childlike face.

Cally feels the need to counter towards the boy, but she knows better somehow. The dominate part of herself knows not to say anything back, which isn't like herself at all. With wide doe like hazel eyes she allows the boy to grab her hand. When the his skin touches hers there is almost as if there is a electric current running between the two. Not bad that makes her want to pull away but good, in a calming manner. Like a magnate wanting to stay together.

Pulling her along behind himself, Cally can't help but look back at the door. Even from the far distance they are at now, she can still make out the bold letters. Curiosity makes her wonder if this is even real, because knowing herself— her vision isn't at all perfect.