gunslinger

❝ Jorge, listen to me

❝ Jorge, listen to me. These kids won't help us find our way to the Right Arm if we have them hanging like Christmas Ornaments. ❞

iii. GUNSLINGER

╳╳╳

EACH OF THE KIDS HAVE the same reaction, grunts of pain and endless amount of useless cursing. One of them trying to place offers, bargain to get free.

"You'll have to wait on Jorge." Is the only thing Brenda says before she turns around to face Cally. Her dirty but acceptable hands coming up and fixing the collar of her cloak, as Cally trades the pistol off to her other hand, her fingers wrapped around the barrel of the solid black gun. Brenda shakes her head, her short hair in the front is sticking onto her forehead, due to a large amount of humidity in the room. She grabs the lever and pulls it forward. "Keep it. I need you to stay in here and wait for Jorge." The lever triggers the group to be pulled upwards, a mechanical booming noise indicates that they've been locked into place.

The longer haired girl nods and takes the pistol back into her hand correctly. She doesn't have a holster so she tucks the gun into the back of her jeans, hoping it will work instead of making her look stupid.

There's no way the kids can get down from the place their hanging. There's nothing in their arm length to reach. So, she doesn't understand why she should watch.

Better safe than sorry.

Brenda walks out, the sound of her footsteps fading off as she disappears down the dark hall. Cally watches the dark hall even after she can see Brenda anymore, the mysterious darkness sends shivers down her spine just as the thought of a Crank busting through to attack her. She gets knocked out of her thoughts by the name of Thomas. Her eyes snap towards the kids, some of them trying to move themselves around by swishing their arms.

She takes a step forward, getting into the moonlight that's being cast through one of the windows above them. The light hits her face perfectly casting a shadow under her eyes, giving her childlike face a menacing look.

She scrunches up her face, straining to get some kind of good glimpse of any one of their faces besides the girls. But she can't. All of them, trying hard to find a way to get free, don't even notice Cally is still among them. She lets out a cough from her throat, it's way louder than expected.

They stop talking, all of them discontinuing their arm movements. As soon as the majority of them turn to where they can see her, her face turns a slight shade of pink, she swallows and tucks her lips into her mouth. Two of them are spinning and another is facing the complete opposite direction than Cally. "Guys? Did all the blood rushing to your shank heads cause y'all to stop talking?"