reunion

❝ I'm doing something that you and your friends should have done a long time ago when you found out she was bit! Now, move out of my way

❝ I'm doing something that you and your friends should have done a long time ago when you found out she was bit! Now, move out of my way. ❞

xiv. REUNION

╳╳╳

HOW SHE WISHES SHE COULD follow him. Make Des explain everything, if he knows anything at all. Which he obviously does. The normal person just doesn't run away like that, the normal person just doesn't deny to show someone around a damn camp like he did.

The look that was present in his face won't be something Cally can brush off. It's not going to be like how she could easily brush off the memory of the snarling crank in her face or the memory of Brenda shooting Barkley. The scared look in Des' eyes, the way his eyebrows slanted upwards when he finally realized who she was. That is probably something that will stick with her forever.

She feels like the bad guy, her stomach still knotted up and her heart beating out of her chest. She might faint if someone doesn't speak to her soon.

All the sounds around her are drowned out, the chopping of wood and the crackling of the newly lit fire, those sounds are nonexistent. But she can still see, her eyes locked onto the last place she saw Des before he ran off. The tracks of his boots imprinted into the sand is the only thing that actually tells her that he was not a hallucination.

Cally watches as Mary follows Des, the woman's body language clearly visible. She's confused, and Cally an understand why.

"You look like you've seen a bloody ghost." A new voice sounds from behind her, a snicker is laced inside the female's voice making Cally assume that she was being laughed at. But sarcasm is also mixed in there, somehow, even if Cally can't understand how the comment is one bit sarcastic.

The girl makes her way in front of Cally, her hand waving in front of her face. Knocking her out of her trance. Which in fact, Cally is dearly thankful for.

Being face to face with this new girl, Cally finds her somewhat familiar. That she has somehow met or seen this girl before, she just can't place when or how.

The brown eyes the girl possesses sparkle even when the sun isn't even hitting them. Inside them they show off a beautiful smile, one that matches the one on her lips. Her face looks untouched from any scars, allowing her to have this perfect look. It shows off innocence, but Cally has to remember no one in the world they live in is innocent.

The girl extends her arm towards Cally in greeting, "I'm Edison."

Subconsciously, Cally extends her arm to meet with Edison's. She's acting so much unlike herself it's almost scary.